San Francisco’s Jakob Junis and St. Louis’ Dakota Hudson have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Cardinals
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (-110) and Over (7.5)
Giants vs. Cardinals Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Jakob Junis
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Dakota Hudson
- Game Day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
San Francisco Giants vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Jakob Junis
- Junis makes his first start of the season for the Giants.
- It’s the first appearance this season for the 29-year-old right-hander, and his first outing in more than a year.
- The Cardinals have totaled 108 runs this season (16th in MLB) and are batting .233 collectively with 22 home runs (18th in the league).
Cardinals Starter Dakota Hudson
- The Cardinals will send Hudson (2-2) to the mound for his sixth start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up three earned runs and allowed nine hits in six innings against the Kansas City Royals.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 3.16 and 6.3 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .222 in five games this season.
- He’s looking to extend his three-game quality start streak.
- Hudson has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Giants rank 12th in MLB with a .237 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 17th in the league (.371) and 28 home runs.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have been favorites in 20 games this season and won 13 (65%) of those contests.
- San Francisco has a record of 13-7, a 65% win rate, when favored by -110 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 52.4% chance of a victory for the Giants.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 13 of their 28 opportunities.
- The Giants have an ATS record of 13-14-0 in 27 games with a spread this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have come away with six wins in the 12 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- St. Louis has a win-loss record of 6-6 when favored by -110 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Cardinals have an implied victory probability of 52.4% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with St. Louis have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 13 of 26 chances this season.
- The Cardinals are 14-12-0 against the spread in their 26 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores is the Giants best hitter, putting together an average of .269 while also being the team’s top run producer, delivering 19 RBI and connecting on three round-trippers.
- Among all MLB hitters, Flores is 48th in batting average, 59th in on-base percentage, and 70th in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada is hitting .240 with six doubles, two home runs and five walks.
- Estrada ranks 112th in home runs and 27th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Estrada heads into this matchup looking for his third game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is batting .263 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Joc Pederson has a team-best six homers.
- Brandon Crawford is batting .236 with five doubles, two home runs and 10 walks.
- Crawford brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nolan Arenado leads the squad with a batting average of .326, while pacing the Cardinals in home runs, with seven and runs batted in with 21.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Arenado ranks sixth in homers and fifth in RBI.
- Arenado brings a hitting streak of two games into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Tommy Edman has two doubles, two triples, three home runs and 14 walks while hitting .291.
- Edman is 68th among all batters in the majors in homers, and 57th in RBI.
- Paul Goldschmidt is hitting .269 with five doubles, two home runs and 15 walks.
- Harrison Bader has three doubles, two home runs and eight walks while batting .239.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Cardinals
Our best bet is the Cardinals on the moneyline at -110 after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price