The St. Louis Cardinals (15-10) will vie for their fourth straight victory when they visit the San Francisco Giants (14-12) on Saturday at 7:15 PM ET. The Giants are listed as -153 favorites to stop the streak, while the Cardinals are +132 underdogs to keep their momentum. San Francisco’s Logan Webb gets the start, and he’ll go against St. Louis’ Steven Matz.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Cardinals
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (+132) and Over (6.5)
Giants vs. Cardinals Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Logan Webb
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Steven Matz
- Game Day: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
San Francisco Giants vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Logan Webb
- Webb makes the start for the Giants, his sixth of the season. He is 3-1 with a 3.26 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 30 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Saturday, the righty went six innings against the Washington Nationals, allowing three earned runs while surrendering 11 hits.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 3.26, with 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opposing hitters have a .275 batting average against him.
- Webb is trying to extend a second-game quality start streak in this outing.
- Webb will look to pitch five or more innings for his third straight start. He’s averaging 6.0 frames per outing.
- The opposing Cardinals offense has the 20th-ranked slugging percentage (.355) and ranks 18th in MLB play with 21 home runs. It has a collective .227 batting average, and is 19th in MLB with 187 total hits and 19th in MLB play scoring 101 runs.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 25-year-old ranks 42nd in ERA (3.26), 53rd in WHIP (1.286), and 58th in K/9 (5.9).
Cardinals Starter Steven Matz
- The Cardinals will send Matz (3-1) to the mound for his fifth start this season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Monday, when he allowed four hits in six scoreless innings against the Kansas City Royals.
- The 30-year-old has pitched to a 3.66 ERA this season with 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.4 walks per nine across four games.
- He has one quality starts in four chances this season.
- Matz has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Giants are batting .235 this season, 15th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .363 (18th in the league) with 25 home runs.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Giants have been favored 19 times and won 12, or 63.2%, of those games.
- San Francisco has a record of 6-4 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -153 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Giants have a 60.5% chance to win.
- Games involving San Francisco have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 12 of 27 chances this season.
- The Giants are 12-14-0 against the spread this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have won in six, or 54.5%, of the 11 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- St. Louis has played as an underdog of +132 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cardinals have a 43.1% chance of walking away with the win.
- St. Louis and their opponents have hit the over in 12 of their 25 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 25 games with a line this season, the Cardinals have a mark of 14-11-0 against the spread.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Thairo Estrada paces the Giants with 14 runs batted in.
- Estrada’s home runs put him 104th in the majors, and he is 41st in RBI.
- Wilmer Flores is batting .267 to lead his team.
- Flores ranks 104th in home runs and 53rd in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Joc Pederson paces the Giants with six home runs.
- Brandon Crawford has five doubles, two home runs and 10 walks while hitting .236.
- Crawford has recorded at least one hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nolan Arenado leads the lineup with a batting average of .322, while leading the Cardinals in home runs, with seven and runs batted in with 20.
- Arenado is sixth in home runs and eighth in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .305 with two doubles, two triples, three home runs and 13 walks.
- Among all major league hitters, Edman ranks 63rd in homers and 53rd in RBI.
- Paul Goldschmidt is batting .261 with four doubles, two home runs and 15 walks.
- Harrison Bader has three doubles, two home runs and seven walks while hitting .214.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Cardinals
Our best bet is the Cardinals on the moneyline at +132 after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 6.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price