The San Francisco Giants (20-13) and the St. Louis Cardinals (18-15) meet in the rubber match of a three-game series on Sunday at 7:08 PM ET. The Giants are -143 favorites on the moneyline to win the series over the Cardinals (+123). Carlos Rodon takes the mound for San Francisco while Adam Wainwright is St. Louis’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Cardinals
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (+123) and Over (7)
Giants vs. Cardinals Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Carlos Rodón
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Adam Wainwright
- Game Day: Sunday, May 15, 2022
- Game Time: 7:08 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
San Francisco Giants vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Carlos Rodón
- Rodon gets the start for the Giants, his seventh of the season. He is 4-1 with a 1.80 ERA and 53 strikeouts in 35 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday, the lefty went six innings against the Colorado Rockies, giving up two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 29-year-old has put up a 1.80 ERA and 13.6 strikeouts per nine innings across six games this season, while giving up a batting average of .165 to his opponents.
- Rodon is aiming to notch his fourth straight quality start in this game.
- Rodon will try to continue a seven-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.3 frames per outing).
- The opposing Cardinals offense has a collective .240 batting average, and is eighth in the league with 262 total hits and 11th in MLB play with 142 runs scored. It has the 13th-ranked slugging percentage (.380) and ranks 18th in home runs (29) in all of MLB.
- The 29-year-old’s 1.80 ERA ranks eighth, .914 WHIP ranks seventh, and 13.6 K/9 ranks second among qualifying pitchers this season.
Cardinals Starter Adam Wainwright
- Wainwright gets the nod for the Cardinals and will make his first start of the season.
- The right-hander is making his first start of the year. The 40-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Giants have scored 163 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB. They have 268 hits, seventh in baseball, with 33 home runs (10th in the league).
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have entered the game as favorites 26 times this season and won 18, or 69.2%, of those games.
- This season, San Francisco has won nine of its 14 games, or 64.3%, when favored by at least -143 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 58.8% chance of a victory for the Giants.
- So far this season, San Francisco and its opponents have hit the over in 17 of their 34 games with a total.
- The Giants have an ATS record of 17-16-0 in 33 games with a spread this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have been chosen as underdogs in 16 games this year and have walked away with the win eight times (50%) in those games.
- St. Louis has been listed as an underdog of +123 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cardinals have a 44.8% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with St. Louis have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 16 of 33 chances this season.
- The Cardinals are 18-15-0 against the spread in their 33 games that had a posted line this season.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Thairo Estrada has seven doubles, two home runs and five walks while hitting .242.
- Estrada is 139th in homers and 42nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Wilmer Flores has 19 runs batted in while batting .267. Both pace his team.
- Flores ranks 95th in homers in the majors, and 34th in RBI.
- Brandon Crawford is batting .214 with five doubles, three home runs and 13 walks.
- Brandon Belt is hitting .262 with two doubles, a triple, four home runs and 15 walks.
- Belt has recorded at least one hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, four walks and two RBI.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nolan Arenado leads the Cardinals with seven home runs and 27 runs batted in, while recording a team-best batting average of .311.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Arenado’s home run total ranks 14th and his RBI tally ranks fourth.
- Tommy Edman is batting .276 with three doubles, two triples, four home runs and 15 walks.
- Edman is 57th in home runs and 49th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Paul Goldschmidt has nine doubles, three home runs and 17 walks while batting .298.
- Harrison Bader is batting .233 with four doubles, three home runs and nine walks.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Cardinals
We have the Cardinals on the moneyline at +123 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price