The San Francisco Giants (19-12) will vie for their sixth straight victory when they visit the St. Louis Cardinals (17-14) on Friday at 8:15 PM ET. The Giants are listed as -125 favorites by bookmakers, while the Cardinals are +105 underdogs. San Francisco’s Logan Webb gets the start, and he’ll go against St. Louis’ Jordan Hicks.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Cardinals
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (+105) and Over (7.5)
Giants vs. Cardinals Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Logan Webb
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Jordan Hicks
- Game Day: Friday, May 13, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
San Francisco Giants vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Logan Webb
- Webb (4-1) takes the mound for the Giants in his seventh start of the season. He has a 3.82 ERA in 35 1/3 innings pitched, with 27 strikeouts.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came on Saturday against the St. Louis Cardinals, when he threw five innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- The 25-year-old has a 3.82 ERA and 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings in six games this season, while allowing a batting average of .289 to his opponents.
- Webb heads into the game with four quality starts under his belt this season.
- Webb will look to continue a four-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.3 innings per appearance).
- He will face off against a Cardinals team that is batting .240 as a unit (eighth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .377 (15th in MLB) with 27 total home runs (17th in MLB).
- Webb has pitched five innings, giving up four earned runs on eight hits while striking out seven against the Cardinals this season.
- The 25-year-old’s 3.82 ERA ranks 41st, 1.387 WHIP ranks 53rd, and 6.9 K/9 ranks 47th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Cardinals Starter Jordan Hicks
- The Cardinals will send Hicks (1-2) to the mound for his fifth start this season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs in 4 1/3 innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the San Francisco Giants.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 3.78 and 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .175 in six games this season.
- The Giants have scored 155 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB. They are batting .246 for the campaign with 32 home runs, ninth in the league.
- The Giants have gone 3-for-16 with a double and two RBI in 4 1/3 innings this season against the right-hander.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have entered the game as favorites 24 times this season and won 17, or 70.8%, of those games.
- San Francisco is 13-6 this season when entering a game favored by -125 or more on the moneyline.
- The Giants have a 55.6% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- San Francisco’s games have gone over the total in 16 of their 32 chances.
- The Giants have an ATS record of 16-15-0 in 31 games with a spread this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have come away with seven wins in the 14 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, St. Louis has won three of 10 games when listed as at least +105 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cardinals have a 48.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- St. Louis’ games have gone over the total in 15 of their 31 opportunities.
- The Cardinals are 17-14-0 against the spread in their 31 games that had a posted line this season.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Thairo Estrada has seven doubles, two home runs and five walks while batting .252.
- Including all MLB hitters, Estrada ranks 75th in batting average, 131st in on-base percentage, and 106th in slugging.
- Estrada carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .316 with two doubles and four RBI.
- Wilmer Flores has 19 RBI while batting .270. Both pace his team.
- Flores is 83rd in homers and 25th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Flores enters this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with a double, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Brandon Crawford is batting .223 with five doubles, three home runs and 13 walks.
- Crawford has at least one base hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with a double, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Joc Pederson’s six home runs lead his team.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nolan Arenado leads the Cardinals in home runs (seven), runs batted in (26) and has recorded a team-best batting average of .316.
- In all of MLB, Arenado ranks 11th in home runs and fourth in RBI.
- Arenado brings a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .190 with two doubles and three RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .284 with three doubles, two triples, three home runs and 14 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Edman ranks 83rd in home runs and 51st in RBI.
- Paul Goldschmidt has eight doubles, two home runs and 17 walks while hitting .292.
- Harrison Bader is batting .242 with four doubles, three home runs and nine walks.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Cardinals
After looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Cardinals on the moneyline at +105. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price