The San Francisco Giants (12-5) will put their four-game win streak to the test when they host the Oakland Athletics (9-8) Tuesday at 9:45 PM ET. Bookmakers consider the Giants -268 favorites to extend their streak, while the Athletics are +221 underdogs looking for the upset. Carlos Rodon will get the ball for San Francisco while Oakland counter with Daulton Jefferies.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+221) and Over (6.5)
Giants vs. Athletics Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Carlos Rodón
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Daulton Jefferies
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
- Game Time: 9:45 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
San Francisco Giants vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Carlos Rodón
- Rodon gets the start for the Giants, his fourth of the season. He is 2-0 with a 1.06 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 17 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance came on Wednesday against the New York Mets, when the lefty threw five scoreless innings while allowing three hits.
- In three games this season, the 29-year-old has a 1.06 ERA and 15.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of just .140 to opposing hitters.
- Rodon will try to continue a four-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.2 frames per outing).
- The opposing Athletics offense has the 23rd-ranked slugging percentage (.341) and is 13th in MLB play with 15 home runs. It has a collective .209 batting average, and is 20th in MLB with 116 total hits and 13th in MLB action scoring 69 runs.
- The 29-year-old ranks fourth in ERA (1.06), 10th in WHIP (.824), and first in K/9 (15.4) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Athletics Starter Daulton Jefferies
- The Athletics’ Jefferies (1-2) will make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up no earned runs and allowed three hits in six innings against the Baltimore Orioles.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 1.17 ERA this season with 5.3 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.8 walks per nine across three games.
- He has one quality starts in three chances this season.
- Jefferies has made two starts of five or more innings in three chances this season, and averages 5.0 frames when he pitches.
- The Giants are batting .238 this season, 12th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .389 (12th in the league) with 19 home runs.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have been favorites in 12 games this season and won 10 (83.3%) of those contests.
- San Francisco has not entered a game this season as a bigger favorite on the moneyline than the -268 odds on them winning this game.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 72.8% chance of a victory for the Giants.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over the total this season in six of their 18 opportunities.
- In 17 games with a spread this season, the Giants are 10-7-0 ATS.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 12 games this season and have come away with the win six times (50%) in those contests.
- Oakland has played as an underdog of +221 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The Athletics have an implied victory probability of 31.2% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Contests with Oakland have gone over the total set by bookmakers in seven of 17 chances this season.
- In 17 games with a line this season, the Athletics have a mark of 10-7-0 against the spread.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Joc Pederson has racked up a team-best six home runs and 10 runs batted in.
- Thairo Estrada has made the most of his opportunities as he leads his team with 10 RBI.
- Estrada is 54th in homers and 26th in RBI in the majors.
- Brandon Belt is hitting .241 with a double, a triple, four home runs and 11 walks.
- Wilmer Flores is batting .268 to pace his team.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy has swatted a team-high three home runs.
- In all of the big leagues, Murphy is 24th in homers and 19th in RBI.
- Tony Kemp has a double and nine walks while batting .268.
- Among all MLB hitters, Kemp is 232nd in home runs and 259th in RBI.
- Elvis Andrus has four doubles, a home run and eight walks while batting .208.
- Sheldon Neuse paces the Athletics with a .312 batting average.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Athletics
After looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Athletics on the moneyline at +221. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 6.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price