Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs First Round will see the Calgary Flames host the Dallas Stars on Wednesday, May 11, beginning at 9:30 PM ET. The series is tied 2-2. The oddsmakers have made the Flames big favorites at -222 on the moneyline, and the Stars are at +179. Find more below on the Flames vs. Stars betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Flames vs. Stars Spread and Betting Line
Flames vs. Stars Game Info
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Arena: Scotiabank Saddledome
Computer Predictions for Flames vs. Stars
|Flames (-1.5)||Over (5.5)||Flames 4 Stars 2|
Flames vs. Stars Betting Trends
- Through 71 games as the moneyline favorite this season, Calgary has won 45 of those games.
- In 25 games with moneyline oddds shorter than -222, the Flames have 17 wins.
- There is a 68.9% chance that Calgary wins this contest, per the moneyline.
Calgary Flames Leaders
- A top contributor this season for Calgary, Johnny Gaudreau has scored 115 points in 82 games (40 goals and 75 assists).
- Matthew Tkachuk has 42 goals and 62 assists to total 104 points (1.3 per game).
- Elias Lindholm’s 82 points this season have come via 42 goals and 40 assists.
- Jacob Markstrom has a record of 37-15-9. He has conceded 137 goals (2.2 goals against average) and recorded 1617 saves with a .922 save percentage (12th in the league).
Calgary Flames Season Stats
- The Flames offense’s 291 total goals (3.6 per game) are ranked sixth in the NHL this year.
- On defense, the Flames have been one of the best squads in league play, allowing 206 goals to rank third.
- With a +85 goal differential, they’re ranked second-best in the league.
- The Flames’ 54 power-play goals they’ve scored this season (on 237 power-play chances) are the 10th-most in the NHL.
- The Flames’ 22.8% power-play conversion rate is 10th-best in the league this season.
- The Flames have scored a total of seven shorthanded goals this season.
- The Flames’ 83.2% penalty-kill success rate is currently sixth-best in the NHL.
- With a 51.1% faceoff win rate, the Flames have the 11th-ranked percentage in the NHL.
- The Flames have a 10.0% shooting percentage as a squad, ranking 12th in the league.
- The Flames average 22.4 hits and 11.7 blocked shots per game.
Stars vs. Flames Betting Trends
- The Stars have been an underdog in 36 games this season, with 16 upset wins (44.4%).
- Dallas is 3-4 when it is the underdog by +179 or longer on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied, based on the moneyline for this matchup, that the Stars have a 35.8% chance to win.
Dallas Stars Leaders
- Dallas’ Joe Pavelski has collected 53 assists and 27 goals in 82 games, good for 80 points.
- Jason Robertson is a key contributor for Dallas, with 79 total points this season. He has scored 41 goals and provided 38 assists in 74 games.
- Dallas’ Roope Hintz has 72 points (37 goals, 35 assists) this season.
- Jake Oettinger has a .914 save percentage (24th in the league), with 1217 total saves, while conceding 114 goals (2.5 goals against average). He has put together a 30-15-1 record between the posts for Dallas this season.
Dallas Stars Season Stats
- The Stars have the league’s 21st-ranked scoring offense (233 total goals, 2.8 per game).
- The Stars’ 244 total goals conceded (3.0 per game) rank 14th in the league.
- Their -11 goal differential ranks 20th in the league.
- The Stars have recorded 54 power-play goals this season (10th-most in the NHL) on 240 power-play chances.
- The Stars have a 22.5% power-play conversion rate, the league’s No. 11 percentage.
- The Stars have scored seven shorthanded goals this season (12th in the league).
- The 79.0% of opponent power plays the Stars kill is the 19th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Stars win 54.8% of their faceoffs. That’s the second-best percentage in the NHL.
- The 9.4% shooting percentage the Stars have amassed ranks 19th in the league.
- The Stars have not had a shutout victory yet this season.
Flames and Stars Injury Report
Flames: Sean Monahan: Out For Season (Hip), Tyler Parsons: Out For Season (Undisclosed)
Stars: Braden Holtby: Out (Lower Body), Vladislav Namestnikov: Out (Lower-body)
Betting Tips for Flames vs. Stars
We have the Flames projected as our best bet on the moneyline in this game, and our pick against the spread is the Flames (-1.5). Our computer model has the scoring going over the total of 5.5 goals when all is said and done.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price