Game 3 of the NHL Playoffs First Round on Saturday will see the Calgary Flames visit the Dallas Stars, starting at 9:30 PM ET. The series is tied 1-1. The oddsmakers have made the Flames solid favorites at -154 on the moneyline, despite being away from home, and the Stars are at +128. Find more below on the Flames vs. Stars betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Flames vs. Stars Spread and Betting Line
Flames vs. Stars Game Info
- Game Day: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Arena: American Airlines Center
Computer Predictions for Flames vs. Stars
|Stars (+1.5)||Over (5.5)||Flames 4 Stars 3|
Flames vs. Stars Betting Trends
- Calgary has won 44 of its 69 games as a favorite this season.
- The Flames have won 33 of the 46 games they have played with moneyline odds shorter than -154.
- The moneyline odds say Calgary has a 60.6% chance of winning this game.
Calgary Flames Leaders
- Johnny Gaudreau is currently one of Calgary’s leading contributors (115 total points), having amassed 40 goals and 75 assists.
- Matthew Tkachuk has 42 goals and 62 assists to total 104 points (1.3 per game).
- Elias Lindholm’s 82 points this season have come via 42 goals and 40 assists.
- Jacob Markstrom has a record of 37-15-9. He has conceded 137 goals (2.2 goals against average) and racked up 1617 saves with a .922 save percentage (11th in the league).
Calgary Flames Season Stats
- The Flames offense’s 291 total goals (3.6 per game) are ranked sixth in the league this year.
- The Flames have allowed the third-fewest goals in league action this season, 206 (2.5 per game).
- The squad has the league’s second-best goal differential at +85 this season.
- The Flames’ 54 power-play goals this season are 10th-best in the NHL (on 237 power-play chances).
- The Flames’ offense is 10th the league with a 22.8% power-play conversion rate.
- The Flames’ seven shorthanded goals this season rank 12th.
- The Flames’ 83.2% penalty-kill success rate is currently sixth-best in the league.
- The Flames’ players win 51.1% of their faceoffs to rank 11th in the league.
- The Flames have a 10% shooting percentage as a squad, ranking 12th in the NHL.
- The Flames’ players are still looking for their first shutout win this season. As a team, they are averaging 22.4 hits and 11.7 blocked shots per game.
Stars vs. Flames Betting Trends
- The Stars have been an underdog in 34 games this season, with 15 upset wins (44.1%).
- Dallas is 5-11 when it is the underdog by +128 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline in this outing implies a 43.9% chance for the Stars to win.
Dallas Stars Leaders
- Dallas’ Joe Pavelski has recorded 53 assists and 27 goals in 82 games, good for 80 points.
- Dallas’ Jason Robertson has racked up 79 total points (1.1 per game), with 41 goals and 38 assists.
- Roope Hintz has scored 37 goals and contributed 35 assists for Dallas, giving him a point total of 72.
- Jake Oettinger has a .914 save percentage (24th in the league), with 1217 total saves, while allowing 114 goals (2.5 goals against average). He has compiled a 30-15-1 record between the posts for Dallas this season.
Dallas Stars Season Stats
- The Stars have scored 233 goals this season (2.8 per game) to rank 21st in the league.
- The Stars’ 244 total goals given up (3.0 per game) rank 14th in the league.
- Their 20th-ranked goal differential is -11.
- The Stars have scored 54 power-play goals this season, which are 10th-best in the NHL (on 240 power-play chances).
- The Stars have the NHL’s 11th-ranked power-play conversion rate of 22.5%.
- The Stars have recorded seven shorthanded goals.
- The Stars’ 19th-ranked penalty kill rate is 79%.
- The Stars have the second-best faceoff win percentage in the NHL (54.8%).
- The 9.4% shooting percentage the Stars have amassed ranks 19th in the league.
- The Stars have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 22.6 hits and 14.3 blocked shots per game.
Flames and Stars Injury Report
Flames: Sean Monahan: Out For Season (Hip), Tyler Parsons: Out For Season (Undisclosed)
Stars: Braden Holtby: Out (Lower Body), Vladislav Namestnikov: Out (Lower-body)
Betting Tips for Flames vs. Stars
After looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is Flames on the moneyline at -154 and Stars (+1.5) against the spread. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 5.5 goals.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price