Game 1 of the NHL Playoffs First Round at Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday, May 3 features the Calgary Flames and the Dallas Stars facing off at 10:00 PM ET. Flames (-225) versus Stars (+183) appears lopsided, according to the moneyline odds. Find more below on the Flames vs. Stars betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Flames vs. Stars Spread and Betting Line
Flames vs. Stars Game Info
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Game Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Arena: Scotiabank Saddledome
Computer Predictions for Flames vs. Stars
|Flames (-1.5)||Over (5.5)||Flames 4 Stars 2|
Flames vs. Stars Betting Trends
- Calgary has won 42 of its 66 games as a favorite this season.
- The Flames have won 15 of the 22 games they have played with moneyline odds lower than -225.
- There is a 69.2% chance that Calgary wins this game, per the moneyline.
Calgary Flames Leaders
- Johnny Gaudreau has been vital to Calgary this season, with 115 points in 82 games.
- Matthew Tkachuk is contributing with 104 points (42 goals, 62 assists).
- Elias Lindholm’s season total of 82 points has come from 42 goals and 40 assists.
- Jacob Markstrom has a record of 37-15-9. He has allowed 137 goals (2.22 goals against average) and racked up 1617 saves.
Calgary Flames Season Stats
- The Flames’ 291 goals this season make them the sixth-best scoring team in the league.
- The Flames are ranked third in NHL action for the fewest goals against this season, having given up 206 total goals (2.5 per game).
- With a +85 goal differential, they’re ranked second-best in the league.
- The Flames’ 54 power-play goals this season are 10th-best in the NHL (on 237 power-play chances).
- The Flames’ 22.8% power-play conversion rate is 10th-best in the NHL this season.
- The Flames’ seven shorthanded goals this season rank 12th.
- The Flames defeat 83.2% of opponent power plays, currently the sixth-best penalty-kill percentage in the NHL.
- With a 51.1% faceoff win percentage, the Flames have the 11th-ranked percentage in the NHL.
- The Flames have a 10.0% shooting percentage as a squad, ranking 12th in the NHL.
- The Flames’ players are still looking for their first shutout win this season. As a team, they are averaging 22.4 hits and 11.7 blocked shots per game.
Stars vs. Flames Betting Trends
- This season the Stars have 14 wins in the 31 games in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Dallas has a record of 2-2 in games when oddsmakers list them +183 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied, based on the moneyline in this matchup, that the Stars have a 35.3% chance to win.
Dallas Stars Leaders
- Joe Pavelski is a key offensive option for Dallas, with 80 points this season. He has put up 27 goals and 53 assists in 82 games.
- Jason Robertson is a key contributor for Dallas, with 79 total points this season. He has netted 41 goals and provided 38 assists in 74 games.
- Roope Hintz has 37 goals and 35 assists, for a season point total of 72.
- Jake Oettinger has a record of 30-15-1 in 48 games this season, conceding 114 goals (2.5 goals against average) with 1217 saves and a .914 save percentage, 15th in the league.
Dallas Stars Season Stats
- The Stars have scored 233 goals this season (2.8 per game) to rank 21st in the NHL.
- The Stars’ 244 total goals conceded (3.0 per game) rank 14th in the NHL.
- Their -11 goal differential ranks 20th in the league.
- The Stars have recorded 54 power-play goals this season (on 240 power-play chances). That’s the 10th-most in the NHL.
- The Stars have the league’s 11th-ranked power-play conversion rate of 22.5%.
- The Stars have scored seven shorthanded goals this season (12th in the NHL).
- The Stars’ 19th-ranked penalty kill rate is 79.0%.
- The Stars have the second-best faceoff win percentage in the NHL (54.8%).
- The Stars are shooting 9.4% (19th in the league).
- The Stars have not had a shutout victory yet this season.
Flames and Stars Injury Report
Flames: Sean Monahan: Out For Season (Hip), Tyler Parsons: Out For Season (Undisclosed), Trevor Lewis: Day To Day (Personal)
Stars: Braden Holtby: Out (Lower Body), Vladislav Namestnikov: Out (Lower-body)
Betting Tips for Flames vs. Stars
After analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is Flames on the moneyline at -225 and against the spread (-1.5). Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 5.5 goals.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price