Game 3 of the NHL Playoffs Second Round on Sunday will see the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers meet, beginning at 8:00 PM ET. The series is knotted up 1-1. The Oilers are underdogs despite being the hosts, at +103, and the Flames are -124. Find more below on the Flames vs. Oilers betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Flames vs. Oilers Spread and Betting Line
Flames vs. Oilers Game Info
- Game Day: Sunday, May 22, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta
- Arena: Rogers Place
Computer Predictions for Flames vs. Oilers
|Oilers (+1.5)||Under (6.5)||Oilers 4 Flames 3|
Flames vs. Oilers Betting Trends
- Calgary has been victorious in 50 of the 78 games it’s played as the moneyline favorite this season.
- In 74 games with shorter than -124 moneyline odds this season, the Flames have been victorious in 49.
- There is a 55.4% chance that Calgary wins this game, per the moneyline.
Calgary Flames Leaders
- Johnny Gaudreau has been a big player for Calgary this season, with 115 points in 82 games.
- Through 82 games, Matthew Tkachuk has 42 goals and 62 assists.
- Elias Lindholm has 82 total points for Calgary, with 42 goals and 40 assists.
- Jacob Markstrom has a record of 37-15-9. He has conceded 137 goals (2.2 goals against average) and recorded 1617 saves with a .922 save percentage (eighth-best in the league).
Calgary Flames Season Stats
- The Flames’ 291 goals this season make them the sixth-best scoring team in the NHL.
- The Flames are ranked third in league play for the fewest goals against this season, having given up 206 total goals (2.5 per game).
- The team’s goal differential is second-best in the league at +85.
- The Flames’ 54 power-play goals they’ve scored this season (on 237 power-play chances) are the 10th-most in the NHL.
- The Flames have the NHL’s 10th-best power-play conversion rate at 22.8%.
- The Flames have scored a total of seven shorthanded goals this season.
- The Flames defeat 83.2% of opponent power plays, currently the sixth-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Flames win 51.1% of their faceoffs (11th in the league).
- The Flames convert 10.0% of their shots, ranking 12th in the league.
- The Flames’ players are looking for their first shutout win this season. As a team, they are averaging 22.4 hits and 11.7 blocked shots per game.
Oilers vs. Flames Betting Trends
- The Oilers have been an underdog in 28 games this season, with 10 upset wins (35.7%).
- Edmonton has a record of 7-12 in games when oddsmakers list them +103 or longer on the moneyline.
- The win probability for the Oilers, implied from the moneyline, is 49.3%.
Edmonton Oilers Leaders
- Connor McDavid is a top offensive contributor for his squad with 123 points (1.5 per game). He has recorded 44 goals and 79 assists in 80 games (playing 22:03 per game).
- Leon Draisaitl is crucial for Edmonton’s offense with 110 total points (1.4 per game), including 55 goals and 55 assists through 80 games.
- Zach Hyman has 27 goals and 27 assists for Calgary.
- Mikko Koskinen has a record of 27-12-4 in 45 games this season, conceding 136 goals (3.1 goals against average) with 1261 saves and a .903 save percentage, 45th in the league.
Edmonton Oilers Season Stats
- The Oilers’ 285 total goals (3.5 per game) are the seventh-most in the league.
- The Oilers have conceded 3.1 goals per game, 251 total, which ranks 18th among league teams.
- They have a +34 goal differential, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Oilers have put up 60 power-play goals this season (seventh-most in the NHL) on 235 power-play chances.
- The Oilers have the NHL’s third-best power-play conversion rate of 25.5%.
- The Oilers have scored 11 shorthanded goals this season (third among NHL teams).
- The 79.4% of opponent power plays the Oilers kill is the 17th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Oilers have the NHL’s ninth-best faceoff win rate (51.2%).
- The 10.2% shooting percentage the Oilers have compiled ranks 11th in the league.
- The Oilers have not yet shut out an opponent this season.
Flames and Oilers Injury Report
Flames: Sean Monahan: Out For Season (Hip), Tyler Parsons: Out For Season (Undisclosed), Christopher Tanev: Day To Day (Undisclosed)
Oilers: Oscar Klefbom: Out (Shoulder)
Betting Tips for Flames vs. Oilers
After analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is Oilers on the moneyline at 103 and Oilers (+1.5) against the spread. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 6.5 goals.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price