Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+291) and Over (7.5)
Dodgers vs. Tigers Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Walker Buehler
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Game Day: Sunday, May 1, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Walker Buehler
- Buehler makes the start for the Dodgers, his fifth of the season. He is 2-1 with a 2.55 ERA and 21 strikeouts through 24 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Tuesday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, the right-hander went 9 2/3 scoreless innings while surrendering three hits.
- The 27-year-old has a 2.55 ERA and 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings across four games this season, while giving up a batting average of .217 to his opponents.
- Buehler is aiming for his fifth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 6.1 innings per appearance on the mound.
- The opposing Tigers offense has the 27th-ranked slugging percentage (.312) and ranks 29th in MLB play with eight home runs. It has a collective .229 batting average, and is 23rd in MLB with 149 total hits and 27th in MLB play scoring 64 runs.
- The 27-year-old ranks 25th in ERA (2.55), 32nd in WHIP (1.054), and 40th in K/9 (7.7) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Tigers Starter Eduardo Rodriguez
- The Tigers will hand the ball to Rodriguez (0-1) for his fifth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed four hits in 6 2/3 innings pitched against the Minnesota Twins on Tuesday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in four games this season with an ERA of 5.03, a 2.25 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.271.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he’ll earn his third quality start in a row.
- Rodríguez has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Dodgers have scored 96 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB. They are batting .237 for the campaign with 21 home runs, 10th in the league.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have been favorites in 22 games this season and won 13 (59.1%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles has played as a favorite of -367 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 78.6% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in five of their 22 chances.
- The Dodgers have an ATS record of 13-9-0 in 22 games with a spread this season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have been underdogs in 17 games this season and have come away with the win six times (35.3%) in those contests.
- Detroit has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +291.
- The Tigers have an implied victory probability of 25.6% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Detroit and their opponents have hit the over in seven of their 20 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Tigers have posted a record of 8-12-0 against the spread this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman’s .299 average leads the Dodgers this year. His resume also includes three homers and driven in nine RBI.
- Of all batters in the majors, Freeman ranks 46th in homers and 86th in RBI.
- Mookie Betts is hitting .230 with two doubles, three home runs and 13 walks.
- Betts is 46th in home runs and 151st in RBI on the year.
- Betts has three games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Trea Turner leads the Dodgers with 17 runs batted in.
- Will Smith is batting .255 with three doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Meadows has a team-leading batting average of .328 while leading the Tigers in runs batted in with a mark of 11.
- Among all batters in the majors, Meadows’ home run total is 257th and his RBI tally ranks 48th.
- Meadows brings a hitting streak of three games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .316 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Javier Baez has put up 11 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Baez is 77th in homers and 48th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Spencer Torkelson has three home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Robbie Grossman is hitting .288 with two doubles and 10 walks.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Tigers
After taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +291. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price