The Detroit Tigers (6-13) will try to end their six-game losing streak when they visit the Los Angeles Dodgers (13-6) on Saturday at 10:10 PM ET. Oddsmakers consider the Dodgers to be -345 favorites for the contest, while the Tigers are +274 underdogs looking for the upset. Clayton Kershaw starts for Los Angeles while Beau Brieske is Detroit’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+274) and Over (8)
Dodgers vs. Tigers Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Clayton Kershaw
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Beau Brieske
- Game Day: Saturday, April 30, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Clayton Kershaw
- Kershaw makes the start for the Dodgers, his fourth of the season. He is 3-0 with a 2.65 ERA and 23 strikeouts in 17 innings pitched.
- His last time out was on Sunday against the San Diego Padres, when the lefty threw 5 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 34-year-old has put up an ERA of 2.65, with 12.2 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opposing hitters have a .167 batting average against him.
- Kershaw will try to prolong a four-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.2 innings per appearance).
- He will take the mound against a Tigers squad that is hitting .227 as a unit (19th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .310 (28th in MLB) with eight total home runs (29th in MLB).
Tigers Starter Beau Brieske
- The Tigers’ Brieske will make his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Colorado Rockies, giving up three earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 5.40, a batting average against of .167 and 5.4 strikeouts per nine innings in one games this season.
- The Dodgers rank fourth in MLB with 95 runs scored this season. They have a .242 batting average this campaign with 20 home runs (ninth in the league).
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have entered the game as favorites 21 times this season and won 13, or 61.9%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has not entered a game this season as a bigger favorite on the moneyline than the -345 odds on them winning this game.
- The Dodgers have a 77.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the total this season in five of their 21 opportunities.
- In 21 games with a spread this season, the Dodgers are 13-8-0 ATS.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have been underdogs in 16 games this season and have come away with the win five times (31.2%) in those contests.
- Detroit has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +274.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Tigers have a 26.7% chance of walking away with the win.
- Detroit and their opponents have gone over in seven of their 19 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 19 games with a line this season, the Tigers have a mark of 7-12-0 against the spread.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman has put up a team-high batting average of .311.
- In all of the majors, Freeman ranks 44th in homers and 80th in RBI.
- Trea Turner’s 17 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Turner is 144th in homers and fourth in RBI on the season.
- Mookie Betts has two doubles, two home runs and 13 walks while batting .214.
- Betts will look to build on his two-game hitting in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with five walks.
- Will Smith is batting .255 with three doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Meadows has collected a team-leading nine runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Meadows ranks 254th in homers and 80th in RBI.
- Meadows has collected a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson’s three home runs are a team-high total.
- Torkelson is 44th overall in home runs and 96th in RBI this season.
- Robbie Grossman has a team-best batting average of .309.
- Javier Baez has driven in the most runs for the Tigers with nine runs batted in.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Tigers
We have the Tigers on the moneyline at +274 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price