Freddie Freeman, batting .323 this season, leads the Los Angeles Dodgers (19-7) into a matchup with one of the league’s other top hitters, Ke’Bryan Hayes (.326 AVG) and the Pittsburgh Pirates (11-15). Freeman and the Dodgers are -245 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup at PNC Park, beginning at 6:35 PM ET. Julio Urias will get the ball for Los Angeles while Pittsburgh counter with Jose Quintana.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Pirates Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Pirates
Our computer pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (+201) and Over (7.5)
Dodgers vs. Pirates Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Julio Urías
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: José Quintana
- Game Day: Monday, May 9, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Pittsburgh Pirates Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Julio Urías
- Urias (2-1 with a 1.87 ERA and 19 strikeouts in 24 innings pitched) makes the start for the Dodgers, his sixth of the season.
- His last appearance came on Wednesday against the San Francisco Giants, when the left-hander tossed six scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- The 25-year-old has amassed an ERA of 1.87, with 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opponents are hitting .165 against him.
- Urías is looking to register his third straight quality start in this matchup.
- Urías is aiming for his fifth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.2 frames per appearance on the hill.
- He meets a Pirates offense that ranks 22nd in the league with 101 runs while batting .239 as a squad. It has a collective .361 slugging percentage (19th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 20 home runs (23rd in MLB).
Pirates Starter José Quintana
- The Pirates will hand the ball to Quintana (0-1) for his sixth start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed five innings while giving up two earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Detroit Tigers.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 3.38 and 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .231.
- In five starts this season, Quintana has not yet earned a quality start.
- Quintana has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Dodgers rank third in MLB with 134 runs scored this season. They have a .239 batting average this campaign with 25 home runs (14th in the league).
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have been favored 28 times and won 19, or 67.9%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has a record of 4-1 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -245 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 71% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the total this season in nine of their 28 opportunities.
- The Dodgers have an ATS record of 19-9-0 in 28 games with a spread this season.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates have won in eight, or 38.1%, of the 21 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Pittsburgh has been listed as an underdog of +201 or more on two occasions this season and lost both games.
- The Pirates have an implied victory probability of 33.2% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Pittsburgh’s games have gone over the total in 12 of their 26 opportunities.
- The Pirates are 14-12-0 against the spread in their 26 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mookie Betts has homered five times this season, the highest mark on the Dodgers, while hitting .263 with 13 RBI.
- Of all hitters in the majors, Betts’ home run total places him 28th, and his RBI tally puts him 63rd.
- Betts carries a nine-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .350 with a double, three home runs, two walks and eight RBI.
- Freeman has a club-best .323 batting average.
- Freeman is 71st in homers in baseball, and 63rd in RBI.
- Freeman enters this matchup looking for his fifth game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is batting .389 with four doubles, a triple, three walks and three RBI.
- Trea Turner has accumulated a team-high 21 runs batted in.
- Max Muncy is hitting .138 with three doubles, three home runs and 22 walks.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ben Gamel has driven in a team-leading 13 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Gamel’s home run total ranks 116th and his RBI tally is 63rd.
- Hayes has a club-leading .326 batting average.
- Hayes is 289th overall in homers and 184th in RBI this season.
- Daniel Vogelbach has four home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates with four home runs.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Pirates
Our best bet is the Pirates on the moneyline at +201 after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price