The Los Angeles Dodgers (20-8) will look to Justin Turner, red hot after a four-hit game, to lead them in a matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates (12-16) on Wednesday at 12:35 PM ET. The Dodgers are -186 favorites for the contest, according to sportsbooks. Ryan Pepiot will get the ball for Los Angeles while Pittsburgh counter with Dillon Peters.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Pirates Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Pirates
Our computer pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (+156) and Over (8.5)
Dodgers vs. Pirates Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Ryan Pepiot
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: Dillon Peters
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Game Time: 12:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Pittsburgh Pirates Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Ryan Pepiot
- Pepiot will take the mound to start for the Dodgers, his first of the season.
- The right-hander is making his MLB debut at 24 years old.
- The Pirates have put up 107 runs this season (24th in MLB) and are batting .243 collectively with 22 home runs (23rd in the league).
Pirates Starter Dillon Peters
- Peters will take to the mound for the Pirates, his second start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Sunday against the Cincinnati Reds, throwing zero innings of relief while giving up four earned runs and allowing one hit.
- He has an ERA of 2.45, a 1.625 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .750 in eight games this season.
- The Dodgers are batting .241 this season, ninth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .397 (seventh in the league) with 27 home runs.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have entered the game as favorites 30 times this season and won 20, or 66.7%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has entered 20 games this season favored by -186 or more and is 13-7 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 65% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in 10 of their 30 games with a total this season.
- The Dodgers are 20-10-0 against the spread this season.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates have come away with nine wins in the 23 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Pittsburgh has been victorious two times in five chances when named as an underdog of at least +156 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Pirates have an implied victory probability of 39.1% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 13 of their 28 opportunities.
- The Pirates have posted a record of 15-13-0 against the spread this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman paces the Dodgers with a team-best batting average of .314.
- Among all MLB hitters, Freeman is 16th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage, and 19th in slugging.
- Mookie Betts has put his power on display as he leads his team with five home runs.
- Betts ranks 32nd in homers and 76th in RBI in the majors.
- Trea Turner paces the Dodgers with 22 runs batted in.
- Trea Turner will look to build on his two-game hitting in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, three walks and three RBI.
- Max Muncy has three doubles, a triple, three home runs and 24 walks while batting .143.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ben Gamel has driven in the most runs for the Pirates with 13 runs batted in.
- Gamel is 123rd in home runs and 76th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has a club-high .344 batting average.
- Among all major league batters, Hayes is 290th in home runs and 193rd in RBI.
- Bryan Reynolds has four home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Daniel Vogelbach has swatted a team-high four home runs.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Pirates
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Pirates on the moneyline at +156. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price