Two of the league’s top hitters will meet Tuesday when the Los Angeles Dodgers (19-7) and Pittsburgh Pirates (11-15) take to the field at 6:35 PM ET. Freddie Freeman is batting .323 for the Dodgers (-237 favorites on the moneyline) while Ke’Bryan Hayes leads the underdog Pirates (+194) with a .326 average. Los Angeles’ Tony Gonsolin and Pittsburgh’s Bryse Wilson have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Pirates Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Pirates
Our computer pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (+194) and Over (8)
Dodgers vs. Pirates Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Tony Gonsolin
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: Bryse Wilson
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Pittsburgh Pirates Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Tony Gonsolin
- Gonsolin gets the start for the Dodgers, his sixth of the season. He is 2-0 with a 1.64 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 22 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Thursday against the San Francisco Giants, when the right-hander tossed five innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing three hits.
- In five games this season, the 27-year-old has a 1.64 ERA and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .188 to opposing batters.
- Gonsolin has recorded one quality start this season.
- Gonsolin will try to collect his third outing of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 4.1 innings per appearance.
- He will face a Pirates offense that is batting .239 as a unit (eighth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .361 (19th in MLB) with 20 total home runs (23rd in MLB).
Pirates Starter Bryse Wilson
- The Pirates will send Wilson (0-1) to the mound for his fourth start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the Detroit Tigers, throwing 3 2/3 innings of relief while giving up no earned runs and allowing two hits.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 4.80 and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .250 in four games this season.
- The Dodgers have scored 134 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB. They have 203 hits, 21st in baseball, with 25 home runs (14th in the league).
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have been favored 29 times and won 19, or 65.5%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has a record of 5-2 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -237 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 70.3% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in nine of their 29 games with a total this season.
- The Dodgers are 19-10-0 against the spread this season.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates have been victorious in nine, or 40.9%, of the 22 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Pittsburgh has won one of three games when listed as at least +194 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Pirates have a 34% chance of pulling out a win.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 12 of their 27 opportunities.
- The Pirates are 15-12-0 against the spread in their 27 games that had a posted line this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mookie Betts has left the yard five times this season, the highest mark on the Dodgers, while hitting .263 with 13 RBI.
- Betts’ home runs put him 28th in the majors, and he ranks 63rd in RBI.
- Betts carries a 10-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .375 with a double, three home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
- Freeman is batting .323 to lead his team.
- Freeman ranks 71st in home runs and 63rd in RBI on the year.
- Trea Turner has a team-high 21 runs batted in.
- Max Muncy is batting .138 with three doubles, three home runs and 22 walks.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ben Gamel has sent home a team-leading 13 runs batted in.
- Gamel ranks 116th in home runs and 63rd in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Hayes has a club-leading .326 batting average.
- Among all MLB hitters, Hayes is 289th in home runs and 184th in RBI.
- Daniel Vogelbach leads the Pirates with four long balls.
- Bryan Reynolds leads the Pirates with four long balls.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Pirates
After looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Pirates on the moneyline at +194. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price