Trea Turner will look to extend his 13-game hitting streak when the Los Angeles Dodgers (27-12) take on the Philadelphia Phillies (18-22). The Dodgers are listed as -136 favorites on the moneyline for the contest, which starts at 1:35 PM ET on Sunday, live from Citizens Bank Park. Los Angeles’ Tony Gonsolin and Philadelphia’s Zach Eflin have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Phillies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Phillies
Our computer pick: Philadelphia Phillies (+116) and Under (9.5)
Dodgers vs. Phillies Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Tony Gonsolin
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Zach Eflin
- Game Day: Sunday, May 22, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Philadelphia Phillies Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Tony Gonsolin
- The Dodgers will send Gonsolin (4-0) to the mound for his eighth start of the season. He is 4-0 with a 1.64 ERA and 30 strikeouts in 33 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Tuesday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, the righty went six innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- In seven games this season, the 28-year-old has an ERA of 1.64, with 8.2 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .165 against him.
- Gonsolin has two quality starts under his belt this season.
- Gonsolin will try to extend a four-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 4.2 innings per outing).
- He meets a Phillies offense that ranks eighth in the league with 180 runs while batting .249 as a squad. It has a collective .413 slugging percentage (fifth in MLB action) and has hit a total of 47 home runs (seventh in MLB).
Phillies Starter Zach Eflin
- The Phillies’ Eflin (1-3) will make his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed six innings while giving up one earned run on five hits in a matchup with the San Diego Padres.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 4.50 and 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .271 in six games this season.
- He has two quality starts in six chances this season.
- Eflin has started six games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings three times. He averages 5.0 innings per appearance.
- The Dodgers have scored 214 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They are batting .248 for the campaign with 42 home runs, ninth in the league.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have won 29 out of the 43 games, or 67.4%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles is 28-14 this season when entering a game favored by -136 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Dodgers, based on the moneyline, is 57.6%.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 21 of their 44 chances.
- The Dodgers are 26-18-0 against the spread this season.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have been chosen as underdogs in 16 games this year and have walked away with the win seven times (43.8%) in those games.
- This season, Philadelphia has been victorious five times in nine chances when named as an underdog of at least +116 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Phillies have an implied victory probability of 46.3% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Philadelphia and their opponents have hit the over in 20 of their 40 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 40 games with a line this season, the Phillies have a mark of 19-21-0 against the spread.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mookie Betts’ nine big flies in 2022 are the most on the Dodgers. He’s also driven in 23 runs while hitting .273.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Betts ranks 11th in home runs and 25th in RBI.
- Betts has collected a hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .400 with four doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Freddie Freeman is batting .311 to pace his team.
- Freeman ranks 128th in homers and 39th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Turner has collected a team-best 29 runs batted in.
- Turner has at least one base hit in 13 straight games. In his last 10 games he is batting .342 with three doubles, a home run, five walks and seven RBI.
- Justin Turner has racked up 29 runs batted in to pace his team.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Phillies are lead in runs batted in by Bryce Harper with a mark of 27, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .304.
- In all of the big leagues, Harper is 11th in homers and 13th in RBI.
- Harper has collected a hit in seven games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .475 with seven doubles, five home runs, four walks and 12 RBI.
- Jean Segura has four doubles, six home runs and nine walks while hitting .291.
- Segura is 41st in homers and 115th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Rhys Hoskins has seven doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 17 walks while hitting .234.
- Kyle Schwarber has swatted a team-high 10 long balls.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Phillies
We have the Phillies on the moneyline at +116 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price