The Los Angeles Dodgers (25-12), led by Justin Turner on a two-game home run streak, are -145 favorites on the moneyline to defeat Bryce Harper (homers in three straight contests) and the Philadelphia Phillies (18-20). First pitch is at 7:05 PM ET on Friday, live from Citizens Bank Park. Julio Urias will get the ball for Los Angeles while Philadelphia counter with Ranger Suarez.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Phillies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Phillies
Our computer pick: Philadelphia Phillies (+125) and Under (9)
Dodgers vs. Phillies Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Julio Urías
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Ranger Suárez
- Game Day: Friday, May 20, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Philadelphia Phillies Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Julio Urías
- The Dodgers will send Urias (2-3) to the mound to make his eighth start of the season. He is 2-3 with a 3.00 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 36 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Sunday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when the lefty tossed six innings, surrendering five earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 3.00, with 6.5 strikeouts per nine innings, in seven games this season. Opposing hitters have a .241 batting average against him.
- Urías enters this matchup with three quality starts under his belt this season.
- Urías will aim to pitch five or more innings for his seventh straight start. He’s averaging 5.0 frames per outing.
- He will face a Phillies offense that ranks eighth in the league with 175 runs while batting .251 as a unit. It has a collective .416 slugging percentage (third in MLB play) and has hit a total of 45 home runs (sixth in MLB).
- Urías has a 7.50 ERA and a 1.333 WHIP against the Phillies this season in six innings pitched, allowing a .308 batting average over one appearance.
Phillies Starter Ranger Suárez
- The Phillies’ Suarez (4-1) will make his eighth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up three earned runs in seven innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 3.72 ERA this season with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.2 walks per nine across seven games.
- He’s looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Suarez has pitched five or more innings in four straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Dodgers rank first in MLB with 203 runs scored this season. They have a .245 batting average this campaign with 39 home runs (10th in the league).
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Dodgers in one game, and they have gone 5-for-26 with two doubles, a home run and three RBI over seven innings.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have entered the game as favorites 42 times this season and won 28, or 66.7%, of those games.
- This season, Los Angeles has won 25 of its 37 games, or 67.6%, when favored by at least -145 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 59.2% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in 20 of their 42 games with a total this season.
- The Dodgers are 24-18-0 ATS in their 42 games with a spread this season.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have won in seven, or 46.7%, of the 15 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Philadelphia has come away with a win four times in six chances when named as an underdog of at least +125 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Phillies have an implied victory probability of 44.4% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Philadelphia have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 19 of 38 chances this season.
- In 38 games with a line this season, the Phillies have a mark of 19-19-0 against the spread.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mookie Betts has put up a team-high eight home runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Betts is 16th in home runs and 45th in RBI.
- Freddie Freeman’s .312 batting average paces his team.
- Freeman ranks 117th in home runs and 60th in RBI on the year.
- Freeman heads into this game looking for his fifth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is batting .368 with four doubles, three walks and six RBI.
- Trea Turner has racked up a team-best 28 runs batted in.
- Trea Turner has at least one base hit in 11 straight games. In his last 10 games he is batting .359 with four doubles, a home run, five walks and seven RBI.
- Justin Turner has put up 28 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Justin Turner has recorded at least one hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .158 with two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Harper leads the squad with a batting average of .305, while leading the Phillies in home runs, with nine and runs batted in with 27.
- In all of MLB, Harper ranks ninth in homers and 10th in RBI.
- Harper has collected a hit in six games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .450 with seven doubles, five home runs, four walks and 12 RBI.
- Jean Segura is batting .294 with three doubles, six home runs and nine walks.
- Segura ranks 39th overall in home runs and 117th in RBI this season.
- Nicholas Castellanos is hitting .271 with nine doubles, five home runs and 12 walks.
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .239 with seven doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 16 walks.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Phillies
We have the Phillies on the moneyline at +125 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price