The Los Angeles Dodgers (20-12) hope to avoid an upset as -188 favorites when they take on Bryce Harper (with homers in three straight contests) and the Philadelphia Phillies (17-17). First pitch is at 4:10 PM ET Sunday, live from Dodger Stadium. Philadelphia will send Aaron Nola out to start this one, while Los Angeles has not yet named a starter.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Phillies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Phillies
Our computer pick: Philadelphia Phillies (+161) and Over (8.5)
Dodgers vs. Phillies Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Aaron Nola
- Game Day: Sunday, May 15, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Phillies Starter Aaron Nola
- The Phillies will send Nola to the mound for his first start this season.
- The right-hander is making his first start of the year. The 28-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Dodgers have scored 169 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB. They have 256 hits, 17th in baseball, with 31 home runs (14th in the league).
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have been favorites in 34 games this season and won 20 (58.8%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles has entered 22 games this season favored by -188 or more and is 13-9 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 65.3% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 13 of their 34 chances.
- In 34 games with a spread this season, the Dodgers are 20-14-0 ATS.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have won in seven, or 53.8%, of the 13 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Philadelphia has played as an underdog of +161 or more just one time this year and came away with a win in that game.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Phillies have a 38.3% chance of pulling out a win.
- Philadelphia and their opponents have hit the over in 18 of their 34 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Phillies have an against the spread record of 17-17-0 in 34 games with a line this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman is the Dodgers best hitter so far this season, hitting at a team-leading .303 rate along with three homers and 13 RBI.
- Including all MLB hitters, Freeman ranks 22nd in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage, and 33rd in slugging.
- Mookie Betts has hit six home runs to lead his team.
- Betts is 25th in homers and 69th in RBI in the majors.
- Betts has two straight games with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .174 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Trea Turner has put up a team-best 23 runs batted in.
- Turner will look to build on his six-game hitting in this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .293 with three doubles, five walks and five RBI.
- Justin Turner has racked up 23 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Justin Turner has recorded at least one hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .444 with five doubles, a home run, a walk and 10 RBI.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Harper leads the Phillies with nine long balls and runs batted in, driving in 27.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Harper’s home run total is fifth and his RBI tally ranks fourth.
- Harper takes a hitting streak of six games into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .450 with seven doubles, five home runs, four walks and 12 RBI.
- Jean Segura has three doubles, six home runs and nine walks while batting .305.
- Segura ranks 25th in home runs and 95th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Nicholas Castellanos is hitting .288 with nine doubles, five home runs and 10 walks.
- Kyle Schwarber has racked up a team-high nine home runs.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Phillies
After taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Phillies on the moneyline at +161. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price