The Philadelphia Phillies (15-17) will put their three-game win streak to the test when they visit the Los Angeles Dodgers (20-10) Saturday at 10:10 PM ET. Bookmakers consider the Dodgers to be -185 favorites, while the Phillies are +160 underdogs to keep their streak alive. Julio Urias starts for Los Angeles while Ranger Suarez is Philadelphia’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Phillies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Phillies
Our computer pick: Philadelphia Phillies (+160) and Over (8)
Dodgers vs. Phillies Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Julio Urías
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Ranger Suárez
- Game Day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Philadelphia Phillies Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Julio Urías
- Urias (2-2) gets the starting nod for the Dodgers in his seventh start of the season. He’s put together a 2.10 ERA in 30 innings pitched, with 23 strikeouts.
- His most recent appearance was on Monday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when the lefty went six innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up 11 hits.
- In six games this season, the 25-year-old has an ERA of 2.10, with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .225 against him.
- Urías is trying to build on a third-game quality start streak in this game.
- Urías is aiming for his sixth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.0 innings per appearance on the mound.
- He will face a Phillies offense that ranks sixth in MLB with 269 total hits (on a .252 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .422 (second in MLB) with 38 total home runs (sixth in MLB).
Phillies Starter Ranger Suárez
- Suarez (3-1) will take to the mound for the Phillies and make his seventh start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw six scoreless innings against the Seattle Mariners while allowing four hits.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in six games this season with an ERA of 3.68 and 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .274.
- He has earned a quality start two times in six starts this season.
- Suarez has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Dodgers rank ninth in MLB with a .241 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks ninth in the league (.394) and 28 home runs.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have entered the game as favorites 33 times this season and won 20, or 60.6%, of those games.
- Los Angeles is 13-9 this season when entering a game favored by -185 or more on the moneyline.
- The Dodgers have a 64.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 12 of their 33 chances.
- The Dodgers have an ATS record of 20-13-0 in 33 games with a spread this season.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have come away with six wins in the 12 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Philadelphia has been listed as an underdog of +160 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Phillies have a 38.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Philadelphia have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 17 of 33 chances this season.
- The Phillies have an against the spread record of 16-17-0 in 33 games with a line this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Dodgers best hitter thus far this season is Freddie Freeman, who’s hitting at a team-leading .310 clip along with three homers and 13 RBI.
- Of all batters in baseball, Freeman is 94th in homers and 98th in RBI.
- Freeman carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with a double and five walks.
- Mookie Betts’ five home runs pace his team.
- Betts ranks 34th in home runs and 98th in RBI in the majors.
- Trea Turner has sent home a team-high 22 runs batted in.
- Turner has at least one base hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with two doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Max Muncy is hitting .144 with three doubles, a triple, three home runs and 27 walks.
- Muncy brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with a triple, five walks and an RBI.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryce Harper paces the Phillies in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (22).
- In all of MLB, Harper is 12th in homers and 14th in RBI.
- Harper carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .579 with five doubles, two home runs, four walks and five RBI.
- Jean Segura has three doubles, five home runs and nine walks while hitting .307.
- Segura ranks 34th overall in home runs and 132nd in RBI this season.
- Nicholas Castellanos is batting .287 with eight doubles, five home runs and 10 walks.
- Alec Bohm leads the team in batting average with a high-water mark of .309.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Phillies
We have the Phillies on the moneyline at +160 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price