Jean Segura will look to extend his 10-game hitting streak when the Philadelphia Phillies (15-17) take on the Los Angeles Dodgers (20-10). The Dodgers are listed as -223 favorites on the moneyline for the contest, which starts at 10:10 PM ET Friday, live from Dodger Stadium. Clayton Kershaw gets the starting nod for Los Angeles while Kyle Gibson is Philadelphia’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Phillies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Phillies
Our computer pick: Philadelphia Phillies (+184) and Over (7.5)
Dodgers vs. Phillies Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Clayton Kershaw
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Kyle Gibson
- Game Day: Friday, May 13, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Philadelphia Phillies Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Clayton Kershaw
- Kershaw makes the start for the Dodgers, his sixth of the season. He is 4-0 with a 1.80 ERA and 32 strikeouts through 30 innings pitched.
- The lefty last appeared on Saturday against the Chicago Cubs, when he went seven scoreless innings while giving up five hits.
- In five games this season, the 34-year-old has an ERA of 1.80, with 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .181 against him.
- Kershaw is trying to build on a second-game quality start streak in this game.
- Kershaw will try to build upon a six-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.0 frames per outing).
- He will face off against a Phillies squad that is hitting .252 as a unit (fourth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .422 (second in MLB) with 38 total home runs (sixth in MLB).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 34-year-old’s 1.80 ERA ranks seventh, .733 WHIP ranks second, and 9.6 K/9 ranks 13th.
Phillies Starter Kyle Gibson
- Gibson (3-1) will take the mound for the Phillies, his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Sunday, when he tossed six innings while giving up two earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the New York Mets.
- The 34-year-old has an ERA of 2.94 and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .202 in six games this season.
- He has earned a quality start three times in six starts this season.
- In six starts this season, Gibson has lasted five or more innings four times, with an average of 5.2 innings per appearance.
- The Dodgers have scored 156 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB. They have 239 hits, 19th in baseball, with 28 home runs (15th in the league).
- The 34-year-old ranks 26th in ERA (2.94), 24th in WHIP (1.069), and 34th in K/9 (7.8) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have won 20 out of the 32 games, or 62.5%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles is 8-2 this season when entering a game favored by -223 or more on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Dodgers have a 69% chance to win.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 11 of their 32 chances.
- The Dodgers are 20-12-0 against the spread in their 32 chances this season.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have been chosen as underdogs in 11 games this year and have walked away with the win five times (45.5%) in those games.
- Philadelphia has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +184.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Phillies have a 35.2% chance of walking away with the win.
- Philadelphia’s games have gone over the total in 16 of their 32 opportunities.
- In 32 games with a line this season, the Phillies have a mark of 15-17-0 against the spread.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman is the Dodgers best hitter so far this season, hitting at a team-leading .310 rate along with three homers and 13 RBI.
- Of all hitters in the majors, Freeman’s home run total ranks him 84th, and his RBI tally puts him 89th.
- Freeman carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with two doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Mookie Betts has put his power on display as he leads his team with five home runs.
- Betts ranks 33rd in homers and 89th in RBI on the season.
- Trea Turner has put up a team-best 22 runs batted in.
- Turner has at least one base hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with two doubles, four walks and two RBI.
- Max Muncy has three doubles, a triple, three home runs and 27 walks while batting .144.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryce Harper has managed a team-leading seven home runs and has driven in 22 runs.
- In all of MLB, Harper ranks 12th in homers and 13th in RBI.
- Harper takes a hitting streak of four games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .421 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Segura has three doubles, five home runs and nine walks while batting .307.
- Segura is 33rd in homers and 120th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Nicholas Castellanos has eight doubles, five home runs and 10 walks while hitting .287.
- Alec Bohm paces the Phillies with a .309 batting average.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Phillies
We have the Phillies on the moneyline at +184 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price