Rhys Hoskins leads the Philadelphia Phillies (13-17) into Thursday’s matchup with the Los Angeles Dodgers (20-9) on a three-game homer streak. His Phillies are underdogs for the contest, however, with sportsbooks naming the Dodgers as -151 moneyline favorites. The game starts at 10:10 PM ET from Dodger Stadium. Los Angeles’ Tyler Anderson and Philadelphia’s Zack Wheeler have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Phillies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Phillies
Our computer pick: Philadelphia Phillies (+129) and Over (8)
Dodgers vs. Phillies Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Tyler Anderson
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Zack Wheeler
- Game Day: Thursday, May 12, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Philadelphia Phillies Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Tyler Anderson
- The Dodgers will send Anderson (3-0) to the mound to make his fourth start of the season. He is 3-0 with a 2.78 ERA and 22 strikeouts through 22 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s last appearance was on Saturday against the Chicago Cubs, when he tossed five innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 32-year-old has a 2.78 ERA and 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings in five games this season, while giving up a batting average of .205 to his opponents.
- Anderson is seeking his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.2 innings per appearance on the mound.
- He will face a Phillies offense that ranks fifth in MLB with 250 total hits (on a .250 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .416 (third in MLB) with 35 total home runs (fifth in MLB).
Phillies Starter Zack Wheeler
- Wheeler will make his first start of the season for the Phillies.
- The right-hander is making his first start of the year. The 31-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Dodgers are batting .238 this season, 12th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .391 (seventh in the league) with 27 home runs.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have won 20 out of the 31 games, or 64.5%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles has entered 27 games this season favored by -151 or more and is 17-10 in those contests.
- The Dodgers have a 60.2% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 10 of their 31 chances.
- The Dodgers are 20-11-0 against the spread this season.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have been chosen as underdogs in 10 games this year and have walked away with the win four times (40%) in those games.
- Philadelphia has been listed as an underdog of +129 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Phillies have a 43.7% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Philadelphia and their opponents have hit the over in 15 of their 31 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 31 games with a line this season, the Phillies have a mark of 14-17-0 against the spread.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman’s .315 average leads the Dodgers this year. His resume also includes three homers and driven in 13 RBI.
- Including all MLB batters, Freeman is 15th in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage, and 21st in slugging.
- Freeman takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Mookie Betts has hit five home runs to pace his team.
- Betts is 32nd in home runs in baseball, and 81st in RBI.
- Trea Turner has a team-high 22 runs batted in.
- Turner is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is batting .190 with two doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Max Muncy has three doubles, a triple, three home runs and 25 walks while hitting .138.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryce Harper has plated a team-high 19 runs batted in.
- Harper ranks 18th in homers and 21st in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Harper carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .421 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos’ .311 batting average paces his team.
- Castellanos is 32nd in homers and 29th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Jean Segura has two doubles, five home runs and seven walks while hitting .295.
- Kyle Schwarber has a team-high seven home runs.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Phillies
Our best bet is the Phillies on the moneyline at +129 after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price