The Los Angeles Dodgers will look to pick up their 15th win of the season when they take on the San Francisco Giants (14-8) Tuesday. The game begins at 10:10 PM ET, with the Dodgers listed as -180 favorites on the moneyline. Julio Urias starts for Los Angeles while Carlos Rodon is San Francisco’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Giants Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Giants
Our computer pick: San Francisco Giants (+155) and Over (6.5)
Dodgers vs. Giants Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Julio Urías
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Carlos Rodón
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Julio Urías
- Urias (1-1) gets the starting nod for the Dodgers in his fifth start of the season. He has a 2.50 ERA in 18 innings pitched, with 15 strikeouts.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when he went 6 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up just one hit.
- In four games this season, the 25-year-old has put up a 2.50 ERA and 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .156 to opposing batters.
- Urías will try to extend a four-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 4.2 innings per appearance).
- The opposing Giants offense has the 14th-ranked slugging percentage (.379) and ranks seventh in MLB play with 24 home runs. It has a collective .237 batting average, and is 12th in MLB with 174 total hits and second in MLB play scoring 109 runs.
Giants Starter Carlos Rodón
- Rodon (3-0) will take the mound for the Giants, his fifth start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed three hits in 6 2/3 innings against the Oakland Athletics.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 1.17 ERA this season with 14.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.1 walks per nine across four games.
- He has started four games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in two of them.
- Rodon will look to pitch five or more innings for the fifth start in a row.
- The Dodgers have scored 102 runs this season, which ranks seventh in MLB. They are batting .237 for the campaign with 21 home runs, 13th in the league.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 29-year-old’s 1.17 ERA ranks fourth, .826 WHIP ranks eighth, and 14.9 K/9 ranks first.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have won 14, or 60.9%, of the 23 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles is 10-6 this season when entering a game favored by -180 or more on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 64.3% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the total this season in six of their 23 opportunities.
- The Dodgers have an ATS record of 14-9-0 in 23 games with a spread this season.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have been underdogs in six games this season and have come away with the win two times (33.3%) in those contests.
- San Francisco has played as an underdog of +155 or more just one time this year and came away with a win in that game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Giants have a 39.2% chance of walking away with the win.
- San Francisco’s games have gone over the total in 10 of their 23 opportunities.
- The Giants have an against the spread mark of 12-10-0 in 22 games with a line this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman paces the Dodgers with a team-best batting average of .309.
- Of all hitters in MLB, Freeman’s home run total ranks him 51st, and his RBI tally puts him 72nd.
- Mookie Betts is batting .231 with two doubles, three home runs and 13 walks.
- Betts is 51st in homers and 167th in RBI on the year.
- Betts has four straight games with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .316 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Trea Turner leads the Dodgers with 18 runs batted in.
- Will Smith is hitting .255 with three doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
- Smith takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a double, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores leads the team in batting average with a mark of .267.
- Among all batters in the majors, Flores is 82nd in home runs and 28th in RBI.
- Joc Pederson has put up a team-high six home runs.
- Pederson ranks sixth among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 72nd in RBI.
- Thairo Estrada has sent home a team-high 14 runs batted in.
- Brandon Crawford has four doubles, a home run and eight walks while hitting .224.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Giants
After taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Giants on the moneyline at +155. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 6.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price