Trea Turner (10 games) will look to add to his hitting streak when the Los Angeles Dodgers (24-12) and Arizona Diamondbacks (18-20) meet Wednesday at 4:10 PM ET, live from Dodger Stadium. Turner and the Dodgers are favored by sportsbooks with -279 odds on the moneyline. Los Angeles’ Walker Buehler gets the start, and he’ll go against Arizona’s Zach Davies.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+227) and Over (8)
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Walker Buehler
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Zach Davies
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Walker Buehler
- Buehler (4-1) takes the mound for the Dodgers in his eighth start of the season. He’s put together a 2.81 ERA in 41 2/3 innings pitched, with 35 strikeouts.
- In his most recent outing on Saturday against the Philadelphia Phillies, the right-hander went five innings, giving up five earned runs while surrendering nine hits.
- In seven games this season, the 27-year-old has an ERA of 2.81, with 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .244 against him.
- Buehler has recorded two quality starts this year.
- Buehler will try to extend an eight-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.3 innings per appearance).
- He will match up with a Diamondbacks offense that ranks last in MLB with 248 total hits (on a .204 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .357 (21st in MLB) with 41 total home runs (seventh in MLB).
- Buehler has pitched nine innings without giving up an earned run on three hits, while striking out 10 against the Diamondbacks this season.
- This season, the 27-year-old ranks 19th in ERA (2.81), 31st in WHIP (1.176), and 34th in K/9 (7.6) among pitchers who qualify.
Diamondbacks Starter Zach Davies
- Davies (2-1) will take the mound for the Diamondbacks, his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Chicago Cubs, giving up three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 3.57, a 1.867 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.189 in seven games this season.
- He has earned a quality start one time in seven starts this season.
- Davies has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Dodgers rank ninth in MLB with a .244 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks fifth in the league (.411) and 38 home runs.
- The Dodgers have gone 4-for-13 with a double and three RBI in four innings this season against the right-hander.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have won 27, or 65.9%, of the 41 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles has played as a favorite of -279 or more twice this season and split those games.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 73.6% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- So far this season, Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in 20 of their 41 games with a total.
- The Dodgers are 23-18-0 against the spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have been victorious in 17, or 45.9%, of the 37 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Arizona this season with a +227 moneyline set for this game.
- The Diamondbacks have an implied victory probability of 30.6% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Arizona’s games have gone over the total in 18 of their 43 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks are 25-18-0 against the spread in their 43 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mookie Betts’ eight round-trippers in 2022 are the most on the Dodgers. He’s also driven in 20 runs while hitting .263.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Betts is 14th in home runs and 41st in RBI.
- Freddie Freeman’s .313 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Freeman ranks 111th in homers and 60th in RBI on the year.
- Freeman has three straight games with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with four doubles, four walks and five RBI.
- Turner has put up a team-high 28 runs batted in.
- Turner is on a 10-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last 10 games he is hitting .359 with four doubles, a home run, five walks and seven RBI.
- Justin Turner has nine doubles, three home runs and 10 walks while batting .202.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker leads the Diamondbacks in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (18).
- Walker ranks seventh in homers and 60th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Walker has collected a hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .353 with three home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Daulton Varsho has a club-leading .246 batting average.
- Varsho is 34th among all hitters in MLB in homers, and 73rd in RBI.
- Ketel Marte is hitting .231 with 13 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 13 walks.
- David Peralta is hitting .200 with five doubles, five home runs and 15 walks.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
We have the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +227 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price