The Los Angeles Dodgers (21-12), led by Mookie Betts on a two-game home run streak, are -240 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the Arizona Diamondbacks (18-17). First pitch is set for 10:10 PM ET Monday, live from Dodger Stadium. Los Angeles’ Tony Gonsolin and Arizona’s Madison Bumgarner have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+198) and Over (8.5)
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Tony Gonsolin
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Madison Bumgarner
- Game Day: Monday, May 16, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Tony Gonsolin
- Gonsolin (3-0) takes the mound for the Dodgers in his seventh start of the season. He has a 1.33 ERA in 27 innings pitched, with 23 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when he threw five scoreless innings while giving up one hit.
- The 28-year-old has put up an ERA of 1.33, with 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in six games this season. Opposing hitters have a .168 batting average against him.
- Gonsolin has recorded one quality start this year.
- Gonsolin will look to pitch five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 4.2 innings per outing.
- He meets a Diamondbacks offense that ranks 24th in the league with 124 runs while batting .202 as a squad. It has a collective .352 slugging percentage (24th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 35 home runs (10th in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Diamondbacks this season, Gonsolin has pitched four innings, giving up two earned runs on three hits while striking out five.
Diamondbacks Starter Madison Bumgarner
- The Diamondbacks will hand the ball to Bumgarner (2-1) for his eighth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs in 6 1/3 innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Miami Marlins.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in seven games this season with an ERA of 1.78 and 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .198.
- He has earned a quality start one time in seven starts this season.
- Bumgarner has started seven games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings five times. He averages 4.1 innings per appearance.
- The Dodgers rank second in MLB with 174 runs scored this season. They have a .240 batting average this campaign with 32 home runs (15th in the league).
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have entered the game as favorites 35 times this season and won 21, or 60%, of those games.
- This season, Los Angeles has won four of its six games when favored by at least -240 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Dodgers have a 70.6% chance to win.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in 14 of their 35 games with a total this season.
- The Dodgers are 20-15-0 against the spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have come away with 17 wins in the 31 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Arizona has played as an underdog of +198 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The Diamondbacks have an implied victory probability of 33.6% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Arizona and their opponents have hit the over in 12 of their 37 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Diamondbacks are 22-15-0 against the spread in their 37 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Betts has launched a team-high seven homers.
- Among all MLB batters, Betts is 71st in batting average, 65th in on-base percentage, and 43rd in slugging.
- Betts carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .217 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Freddie Freeman is hitting .295 to pace his team.
- Freeman ranks 100th in homers and 113th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Trea Turner paces the Dodgers with 23 runs batted in.
- Turner is on a seven-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .300 with four doubles, six walks and four RBI.
- Justin Turner has put up 23 runs batted in to lead his team.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker has swatted a team- leading six long balls.
- Walker’s home run total puts him 29th in the big leagues, and he is 99th in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho’s six home runs, 16 RBI and .254 batting average are all tops in the lineup.
- Varsho is 29th in homers and 65th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Ketel Marte has 12 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 13 walks while hitting .210.
- David Peralta is batting .204 with five doubles, four home runs and 14 walks.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
We have the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +198 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price