The Los Angeles Dodgers (12-5) visit the Arizona Diamondbacks (7-11) Wednesday to close out a three-game series. The Dodgers are favored (-196) to win the rubber match, which starts at 3:40 PM ET from Chase Field. Julio Urias takes the mound for Los Angeles while Zac Gallen is Arizona’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+168) and Over (8)
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Julio Urías
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Zac Gallen
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Game Time: 3:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Julio Urías
- Urias gets the start for the Dodgers, his fourth of the season. He is 1-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 11 strikeouts in 12 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last appeared on Saturday against the San Diego Padres, when he went five innings, allowing one earned run while giving up two hits.
- The 25-year-old has a 3.00 ERA and 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings in three games this season, while giving up a batting average of .200 to his opponents.
- The opposing Diamondbacks offense has the 28th-ranked slugging percentage (.312) and is 13th in MLB play with 16 home runs. It has a collective .182 batting average, and is 29th in MLB with 104 total hits and 26th in MLB play scoring 54 runs.
Diamondbacks Starter Zac Gallen
- The Diamondbacks’ Gallen will make his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he threw five innings against the New York Mets, giving up one earned run.
- He has an ERA of 1.00, a 4.5 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .667 in two games this season.
- Gallen has made one start of five or more innings in two chances this season, and averages 4.2 frames when he pitches.
- The Dodgers have scored 89 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB. They are batting .249 for the campaign with 18 home runs, seventh in the league.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have won 12, or 66.7%, of the 18 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles has a record of 6-3 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -196 on the moneyline.
- The Dodgers have a 66.2% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in five of 18 chances this season.
- The Dodgers are 12-6-0 against the spread in their 18 chances this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have been victorious in eight, or 42.1%, of the 19 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Arizona has been victorious one time in three chances when named as an underdog of at least +168 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Diamondbacks have an implied victory probability of 37.3% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Arizona’s games have gone over the total in four of their 19 opportunities.
- In 19 games with a line this season, the Diamondbacks have a mark of 11-8-0 against the spread.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman is the Dodgers best hitter so far this season, hitting at a team-leading .328 rate along with three homers and nine RBI.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Freeman is 29th in home runs and 49th in RBI.
- Trea Turner has been productive as he paces his team with 15 RBI.
- Turner ranks 121st in home runs and fifth in RBI in the bigs.
- Mookie Betts has two doubles, two home runs and 12 walks while hitting .190.
- Will Smith is hitting .256 with three doubles, two home runs and six walks.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker has hit a team-high four home runs.
- In all of the big leagues, Walker is 11th in home runs and 101st in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with four home runs and nine RBI.
- Among all major league hitters, Varsho is 11th in home runs and 49th in RBI.
- Seth Beer leads the Diamondbacks with a team-high batting average of .306.
- David Peralta has five doubles, two home runs and five walks while hitting .237.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
Our best bet is the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +168 after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price