The Los Angeles Dodgers will look to pick up their 13th win of the season when they take on the Arizona Diamondbacks (6-11) Tuesday. The game begins at 9:40 PM ET, with the Dodgers listed as -196 favorites on the moneyline. Tony Gonsolin takes the mound for Los Angeles while Zach Davies is Arizona’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+166) and Over (9.5)
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Tony Gonsolin
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Zach Davies
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Tony Gonsolin
- Gonsolin (1-0 with a .69 ERA and eight strikeouts in 13 innings pitched) gets the start for the Dodgers, his fourth of the season.
- The right-hander last appeared on Wednesday against the Atlanta Braves, when he tossed 6 2/3 scoreless innings while giving up one hit.
- In three games this season, the 27-year-old has put up an ERA of .69, with 5.5 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .196 against him.
- He will match up with a Diamondbacks offense that ranks 28th in MLB with 100 total hits (on a .185 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .314 (28th in MLB) with 15 total home runs (13th in MLB).
Diamondbacks Starter Zach Davies
- The Diamondbacks’ Davies (1-1) will make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Thursday, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings while giving up two earned runs on two hits in a matchup with the Washington Nationals.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 5.02 ERA this season with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.8 walks per nine across three games.
- In three starts, Davies has pitched through or past the fifth inning two times. He has a season average of 4.2 frames per outing.
- The Dodgers are batting .246 this season, eighth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .407 (seventh in the league) with 18 home runs.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have won 12 out of the 16 games, or 75%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles has a record of 6-1 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -196 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 66.2% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in five of their 16 games with a total this season.
- The Dodgers are 12-4-0 against the spread in their 16 chances this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have come away with six wins in the 17 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Arizona has been listed as an underdog of +166 or more on two occasions this season and lost both games.
- The Diamondbacks have an implied victory probability of 37.6% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Arizona’s games have gone over the total in four of their 17 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks are 9-8-0 against the spread in their 17 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Dodgers best hitter so far this season is Freddie Freeman, who’s hitting at a team-leading .328 rate along with three homers and nine RBI.
- Freeman ranks 25th in home runs and 40th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Mookie Betts has two doubles, two home runs and 12 walks while hitting .203.
- Betts ranks 56th in homers in the majors, and 143rd in RBI.
- Trea Turner has a team-high 15 runs batted in.
- Cody Bellinger has shown off his power as he leads his team with four home runs.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker paces the Diamondbacks with four long balls.
- In all of the majors, Walker ranks 10th in home runs and 87th in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with four home runs and eight runs batted in.
- Varsho ranks 10th in home runs and 55th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Seth Beer paces the Diamondbacks with eight runs batted in while generating a team-high batting average of .326.
- Cooper Hummel is batting .152 with a double, two home runs and eight walks.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
We have the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +166 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price