The Los Angeles Dodgers (11-4) will look to Cody Bellinger, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Arizona Diamondbacks (6-10) Monday at 9:40 PM ET. The Dodgers are -185 favorites for the contest, according to sportsbooks. Walker Buehler will get the ball for Los Angeles while Arizona counter with Merrill Kelly.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+159) and Over (8.5)
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Walker Buehler
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Merrill Kelly
- Game Day: Monday, April 25, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Walker Buehler
- Buehler gets the start for the Dodgers, his fourth of the season. He is 1-1 with a 4.02 ERA and 11 strikeouts in 15 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday against the Atlanta Braves, the righty threw 5 2/3 innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 27-year-old has a 4.02 ERA and 6.3 strikeouts per nine innings across three games this season, while allowing a batting average of .274 to his opponents.
- Buehler will try to continue a four-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 frames per outing).
- He will match up with a Diamondbacks team that is batting .189 as a unit (29th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .326 (26th in MLB) with 15 total home runs (11th in MLB).
- The 27-year-old ranks 43rd in ERA (4.02), 47th in WHIP (1.468), and 43rd in K/9 (6.3) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Diamondbacks Starter Merrill Kelly
- The Diamondbacks will hand the ball to Kelly (1-0) for his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run in 6 2/3 innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Washington Nationals.
- The 33-year-old has pitched to a .59 ERA this season with 10.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.9 walks per nine across three games.
- He has started three games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- Kelly has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Dodgers are batting .245 this season, eighth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .404 (eighth in the league) with 17 home runs.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have entered the game as favorites 15 times this season and won 11, or 73.3%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has a record of 7-1 when favored by -185 or more by bookmakers this season.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Dodgers have a 64.9% chance to win.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in five of 15 chances this season.
- The Dodgers are 11-4-0 ATS in their 15 games with a spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have come away with six wins in the 16 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Arizona has been listed as an underdog of +159 or more on two occasions this season and lost both games.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 38.6% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in four of their 16 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks are 9-7-0 against the spread in their 16 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman leads the Dodgers with a .322 batting average.
- Freeman’s home runs place him 23rd in the majors, and he is 33rd in RBI.
- Trea Turner has totaled 13 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Turner is 108th in home runs and seventh in RBI on the year.
- Bellinger has hit a team-high four home runs.
- Gavin Lux has a double, a triple, a home run and eight walks while batting .250.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker has swatted a team- leading four home runs.
- Walker’s home run total places him 10th in MLB, and he is 84th in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with four home runs and eight RBI.
- Among all MLB batters, Varsho ranks 10th in home runs and 49th in RBI.
- Seth Beer has the top batting average on the Diamondbacks (.341) and leads in runs batted in (eight).
- Cooper Hummel is batting .156 with a double, two home runs and eight walks.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
Our best bet is the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +159 after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price