The Los Angeles Dodgers (18-7) are favored on the moneyline (-201) in Sunday’s contest with the Chicago Cubs (9-16). First pitch is at 7:08 PM ET. The Cubs, with odds, are favored against the spread (). Walker Buehler will get the ball for Los Angeles while Chicago counter with Marcus Stroman.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Cubs Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Cubs
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+170)
Dodgers vs. Cubs Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Walker Buehler
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Marcus Stroman
- Game Day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game Time: 7:08 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Walker Buehler
- Buehler makes the start for the Dodgers, his sixth of the season. He is 3-1 with a 2.12 ERA and 26 strikeouts through 29 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Detroit Tigers, when he went five scoreless innings while giving up six hits.
- In five games this season, the 27-year-old has put up an ERA of 2.12, with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .232 against him.
- Buehler enters the game with one quality start under his belt this year.
- Buehler will look to last five or more innings for his sixth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.3 innings per outing.
- He meets a Cubs offense that ranks 21st in the league with 101 runs while batting .237 as a squad. It has a collective .375 slugging percentage (15th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 20 home runs (22nd in MLB).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 27-year-old ranks 16th in ERA (2.12), 36th in WHIP (1.112), and 37th in K/9 (7.9).
Cubs Starter Marcus Stroman
- Stroman (1-3) will take the mound for the Cubs, his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander allowed two hits in seven scoreless innings pitched against the Milwaukee Brewers on Sunday.
- The 31-year-old has pitched to a 5.13 ERA this season with 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.4 walks per nine across five games.
- He’s going for his third quality start in a row.
- Stroman will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Dodgers have scored 127 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They have 193 hits, 20th in baseball, with 25 home runs (14th in the league).
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 31-year-old’s 5.13 ERA ranks 56th, 1.177 WHIP ranks 43rd, and 7.5 K/9 ranks 41st.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have won 18 out of the 27 games, or 66.7%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles has a record of 9-3 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -201 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 66.8% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in nine of their 27 chances.
- The Dodgers are 18-9-0 against the spread in their 27 chances this season.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have been chosen as underdogs in 19 games this year and have walked away with the win seven times (36.8%) in those games.
- Chicago has a mark of 1-2 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +170 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Cubs have an implied victory probability of 37% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Chicago and their opponents have hit the over in 13 of their 25 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Cubs are 12-13-0 against the spread in their 25 games that had a posted line this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mookie Betts has a team-best five home runs.
- Betts is 25th in home runs and 57th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Betts carries an eight-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .342 with a double, three home runs, four walks and eight RBI.
- Freddie Freeman’s .316 batting average leads his team.
- Freeman is 68th in homers and 73rd in RBI in the major leagues.
- Freeman carries a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .389 with four doubles, a triple, three walks and three RBI.
- Trea Turner has sent home a team-best 20 runs batted in.
- Max Muncy is hitting .141 with three doubles, three home runs and 20 walks.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Seiya Suzuki has driven in the most runs for the Cubs with 15 runs batted in.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Suzuki’s home run total is 39th and his RBI tally is 34th.
- Suzuki takes a hitting streak of two games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .167 with a double, a triple, two walks and an RBI.
- Willson Contreras has six doubles, a triple, three home runs and nine walks while hitting .253.
- Contreras is 68th in homers and 161st in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Ian Happ is batting .278 with three doubles, two home runs and 15 walks.
- Patrick Wisdom leads the Cubs with five long balls and runs batted in, driving in 15.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Cubs
We have the Cubs on the moneyline at +170 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price