Following a two-homer game last time out, Jordan Luplow leads the Arizona Diamondbacks (31-35) into action as -114 favorites against the Minnesota Twins (37-29). First pitch from Chase Field at 10:10 PM ET on Saturday. Luke Weaver starts for Arizona while Dylan Bundy is Minnesota’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Diamondbacks vs. Twins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Diamondbacks vs. Twins
Our computer pick: Minnesota Twins (-105) and Over (9.5)
Diamondbacks vs. Twins Game Info
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Luke Weaver
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Dylan Bundy
- Game Day: Saturday, June 18, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Arizona Diamondbacks vs Minnesota Twins Pitching Matchup
Diamondbacks Starter Luke Weaver
- Weaver will make his first start of the season for the Diamondbacks.
- The 28-year-old righty has appeared in relief two times this season.
- In two appearances this season, he has a 4.91 ERA and 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .353 against him.
- The Twins have MLB’s 12th-ranked scoring offense (288 total runs) and have racked up a .251 batting average as a team while hitting 75 home runs (10th in the league) this season.
Twins Starter Dylan Bundy
- The Twins will send Bundy (3-3) to the mound for his 11th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed five hits in 4 2/3 innings pitched against the New York Yankees on Thursday, June 9.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in 10 games this season with an ERA of 5.87, a 3.7 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.457.
- None of Bundy’s 10 starts this season have met the criteria for a quality start.
- Bundy has made six starts of five or more innings in 10 chances this season, and averages 4.2 frames when he pitches.
- The Diamondbacks have scored 271 runs this season, which ranks 21st in MLB. They have 471 hits, 27th in baseball, with 76 home runs (ninth in the league).
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Diamondbacks have been favored 13 times and won seven, or 53.8%, of those games.
- This season, Arizona has won seven of its 13 games, or 53.8%, when favored by at least -114 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Diamondbacks have a 53.3% chance to win.
- Arizona and its opponents have hit the over in 31 of their 71 games with a total this season.
- The Diamondbacks are 41-30-0 against the spread this season.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have been chosen as underdogs in 27 games this year and have walked away with the win 12 times (44.4%) in those games.
- Minnesota has a win-loss record of 10-14 when favored by -105 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Twins have an implied victory probability of 51.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total in 30 of their 66 opportunities.
- The Twins have posted a record of 31-35-0 against the spread this season.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker has a team-high 16 home runs and 33 runs batted in.
- Walker ranks 10th in homers and 46th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ketel Marte is hitting .269 to lead his team.
- Of all MLB hitters, Marte is 180th in homers and 145th in RBI.
- Marte has four games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Daulton Varsho is batting .247 with 13 doubles, nine home runs and 18 walks.
- Varsho will look to build on his seven-game hitting in this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .262 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- David Peralta has 13 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 19 walks while batting .236.
- Peralta is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with three doubles and two RBI.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Luis Arraez paces the Twins with a .357 batting average.
- Arraez’s home run total places him 221st in MLB, and he ranks 156th in RBI.
- Arraez has collected a hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Byron Buxton has hit 19 home runs with 33 RBI, leading the team in both categories.
- Buxton is second among all hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 46th in RBI.
- Max Kepler is hitting .245 with nine doubles, a triple, six home runs and 27 walks.
- Gio Urshela is hitting .261 with nine doubles, five home runs and 17 walks.
Betting Tips for Diamondbacks vs. Twins
We have the Twins on the moneyline at -105 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price