The Arizona Diamondbacks (14-14) and the Colorado Rockies (16-11) meet in the rubber match of a three-game series on Sunday at 4:10 PM ET. The Diamondbacks are -151 favorites on the moneyline to win the series over the Rockies (+128). Arizona’s Zac Gallen and Colorado’s German Marquez have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Diamondbacks vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Diamondbacks vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+128) and Over (8)
Diamondbacks vs. Rockies Game Info
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Zac Gallen
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Germán Márquez
- Game Day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Arizona Diamondbacks vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Diamondbacks Starter Zac Gallen
- The Diamondbacks are sending Gallen (1-0) out to make his fifth start of the season. He is 1-0 with a 1.27 ERA and 19 strikeouts through 21 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Monday against the Miami Marlins, the right-hander tossed 6 1/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In four games this season, the 26-year-old has put up a 1.27 ERA and 8.0 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of only .149 to opposing batters.
- Gallen is trying to register his third straight quality start in this outing.
- Gallen will try to extend a four-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 innings per appearance).
- He will face off against a Rockies offense that is batting .261 as a unit (first in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .419 (first in MLB) with 28 total home runs (10th in MLB).
Rockies Starter Germán Márquez
- Marquez (0-2) will take to the mound for the Rockies and make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up seven earned runs in five innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Washington Nationals.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 6.92 ERA this season with 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.1 walks per nine across five games.
- He has earned a quality start one time in five starts this season.
- Marquez has started five games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings three times. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Diamondbacks are batting .192 this season, 30th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .346 (23rd in the league) with 31 home runs.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have split the two games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Arizona has not been a bigger favorite this season than the -151 moneyline set for this game.
- The Diamondbacks have a 60.2% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 10 of their 30 opportunities.
- In 30 games with a spread this season, the Diamondbacks are 19-11-0 ATS.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have won in nine, or 52.9%, of the 17 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Colorado has a win-loss record of 4-5 when favored by +128 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rockies have a 43.9% chance of pulling out a win.
- Colorado and their opponents have gone over in 13 of their 27 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rockies are 14-13-0 against the spread in their 27 games that had a posted line this season.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Daulton Varsho paces the Diamondbacks with six home runs and 13 runs batted in.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Varsho is 13th in home runs and 57th in RBI.
- Varsho carries an eight-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last nine outings he is batting .314 with four doubles, two home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Christian Walker’s six home runs lead his team.
- Walker ranks 13th in home runs and 73rd in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Pavin Smith has put up a team-high batting average of .263.
- David Peralta is hitting .221 with five doubles, four home runs and 11 walks.
- Peralta is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron leads the Rockies with nine home runs and 24 runs batted in, while posting a team-high batting average of .320.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Cron’s home run total is first and his RBI tally ranks second.
- Cron has collected a hit in six games in a row. During his last 10 games he is hitting .389 with three doubles, three home runs, five walks and seven RBI.
- Connor Joe has five doubles, two triples, four home runs and 12 walks while hitting .267.
- Joe is currently 39th in homers and 94th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .234 with five doubles, four home runs and eight walks.
- Randal Grichuk is hitting .306 with three doubles, four home runs and four walks.
Betting Tips for Diamondbacks vs. Rockies
Our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +128 after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price