The Chicago Cubs (26-43), led by Patrick Wisdom on a two-game home run streak, are -130 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the Pittsburgh Pirates (28-40). First pitch is set for 12:35 PM ET Thursday, live from PNC Park. Neither team has named a starting pitcher for the contest.
Table of Contents
Cubs vs. Pirates Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cubs vs. Pirates
Our best bet is the Pirates on the moneyline at +110 after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8 runs.
Our computer pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (+110) and Over (8)
Cubs vs. Pirates Game Info
- Game Day: Thursday, June 23, 2022
- Game Time: 12:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Cubs have won eight out of the 20 games, or 40%, in which they’ve been favored.
- This season, Chicago has won three of its 10 games, or 30%, when favored by at least -130 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 56.5% chance of a victory for the Cubs.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 35 of their 69 opportunities.
- The Cubs have an ATS record of 34-35-0 in 69 games with a spread this season.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates have been victorious in 19, or 36.5%, of the 52 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Pittsburgh has been victorious 16 times in 46 chances when named as an underdog of at least +110 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Pirates have an implied victory probability of 47.6% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Pittsburgh and their opponents have gone over in 28 of their 68 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Pirates have posted a record of 30-38-0 against the spread this season.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ian Happ leads the Cubs with a team-best batting average of .291.
- Including all MLB batters, Happ is 25th in batting average, 11th in on-base percentage, and 32nd in slugging.
- Happ brings a hitting streak of five games into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .438 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Willson Contreras is batting .269 with 13 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 26 walks.
- Contreras is 39th in homers and 115th in RBI in the bigs.
- Wisdom has racked up a team-best 14 home runs and 36 runs batted in.
- Wisdom has at least one base hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .272 with five doubles, three triples, three home runs and six walks.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates with 11 long balls and runs batted in, driving in 22.
- Reynolds’ home run total puts him 42nd in the majors, and he is 156th in RBI.
- Reynolds carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .353 with a triple, two walks and an RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has a club-leading 22 runs batted in and .265 batting average.
- Hayes is currently 280th in home runs and 156th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Daniel Vogelbach has collected a team-high 22 runs batted in.
- Jack Suwinski has swatted a team- leading 11 home runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price