The Colorado Rockies (6-2) will look to C.J. Cron, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Chicago Cubs (4-4) Sunday at 3:10 PM ET. The Rockies are -128 favorites for the contest, according to sportsbooks. Colorado’s Austin Gomber and Chicago’s Drew Smyly have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Colorado Rockies vs. Chicago Cubs: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rockies vs. Cubs
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+108) and Under (11)
Rockies vs. Cubs Game Info
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Austin Gomber
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Drew Smyly
- Game Day: Sunday, April 17, 2022
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Colorado Rockies vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
Rockies Starter Austin Gomber
- The Rockies will send Gomber (0-0) to the mound to make his second start of the season.
- His most recent appearance was on Monday against the Texas Rangers, when the left-hander went 4 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In one games this season, he has a 5.79 ERA and 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .222 against him.
- The opposing Cubs offense has a collective .274 batting average, and is eighth in the league with 72 total hits and seventh in MLB play with 38 runs scored. It has the sixth-ranked slugging percentage (.426) and ranks 23rd in home runs (six) in all of MLB.
Cubs Starter Drew Smyly
- Smyly will take to the mound for the Cubs, his second start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw five scoreless innings while allowing three hits against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of .00, a strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .600.
- The Rockies rank second in MLB with a .278 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks third in the league (.451) and nine home runs.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have won two of the three games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Colorado has played as a favorite of -128 or more once this season and lost that game.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rockies have a 56.1% chance to win.
- Games involving Colorado have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in three of eight chances this season.
- The Rockies are 5-3-0 against the spread this season.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have been chosen as underdogs in six games this year and have walked away with the win three times (50%) in those games.
- This year, Chicago has won three of four games when listed as at least +108 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cubs have a 48.1% chance of walking away with the win.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in four of their eight opportunities.
- The Cubs have an against the spread record of 5-3-0 in eight games with a line this season.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cron hit 28 home runs and had 92 runs batted in last season, while putting up a batting average of .281.
- Kris Bryant had 32 doubles, two triples, 25 home runs and 62 walks while batting .265.
- Charlie Blackmon hit .270 last season with 25 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 54 walks.
- Ryan McMahon hit .254 with 32 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 59 walks.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ian Happ put up 66 runs batted in a season ago.
- Jonathan Villar hit .249 a season ago with 113 hits.
- Willson Contreras hit .237 a season ago with 20 doubles, 21 home runs and 52 walks.
- Frank Schwindel hit .326 with 20 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 16 walks.
Betting Tips for Rockies vs. Cubs
Our best bet is the Cubs on the moneyline at +108 after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will under the total of 11 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price