The Colorado Rockies (5-2) are set to take on the Chicago Cubs (4-3) Saturday at 8:10 PM ET. The Rockies are listed as -135 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Cubs have +115 odds for the contest. Antonio Senzatela takes the mound for Colorado while Mark Leiter Jr. is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Colorado Rockies vs. Chicago Cubs: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rockies vs. Cubs
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+115) and Under (12)
Rockies vs. Cubs Game Info
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Antonio Senzatela
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Mark Leiter Jr.
- Game Day: Saturday, April 16, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Colorado Rockies vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
Rockies Starter Antonio Senzatela
- Senzatela (0-0) starts for the Rockies, his second this season.
- The righty last pitched on Sunday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when he went 3 1/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up nine hits.
- In one games this season, he has a 2.70 ERA and 0 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .563 against him.
- He will face a Cubs offense that ranks 12th in MLB with 59 total hits (on a .261 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .412 (ninth in MLB) with six total home runs (19th in MLB).
Cubs Starter Mark Leiter Jr.
- Leiter Jr. gets the nod for the Cubs and will make his first start of the season.
- This will be the first start of the season for the 31-year-old right-hander, who has not made an appearance on the mound in over a season.
- The Rockies are batting .270 this season, third in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .430 (fifth in the league) with seven home runs.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have split the two games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Colorado has not been a bigger favorite this season than the -135 moneyline set for this game.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 57.4% chance of a victory for the Rockies.
- Games involving Colorado have gone over the total set by bookmakers in two of seven chances this season.
- The Rockies are 4-3-0 ATS in their seven games with a spread this season.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs came away with 31 wins in the 94 contests they were listed as the underdogs in last season.
- Chicago had a win-loss record of 21-46 when favored by +115 or worse by sportsbooks last year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cubs have a 46.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Chicago and its opponents went over in 74 of their 155 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- The Cubs posted a record of 58-55-0 against the spread last season.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron has put up a team-best three home runs and seven runs batted in.
- Including all MLB batters, Cron ranks 40th in batting average, 79th in on-base percentage, and 10th in slugging.
- Connor Joe is hitting .321 with a double, two home runs and four walks.
- Joe ranks 14th in home runs and 91st in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Joe carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Kris Bryant leads the Rockies with a team-high batting average of .379.
- Bryant will look to build on his five-game hitting in this game. During his last five outings he is batting .429 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Elias Diaz is hitting .360 with three doubles and a home run.
- Diaz has recorded at least one hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .400 with two doubles, a home run and three RBI.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ian Happ racked up 66 runs batted in a season ago.
- Jonathan Villar had a .249 batting average with 113 hits.
- Willson Contreras hit .237 a season ago with 20 doubles, 21 home runs and 52 walks.
- Frank Schwindel hit .326 with 20 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 16 walks.
Betting Tips for Rockies vs. Cubs
We have the Cubs on the moneyline at +115 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 12 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price