The Colorado Rockies (4-1) will vie for their fifth straight victory when they host the Chicago Cubs (3-2) on Thursday at 8:40 PM ET. The Rockies are listed as -137 favorites by sportsbooks, while the Cubs are +116 underdogs. Kyle Freeland starts for Colorado while Justin Steele is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Colorado Rockies vs. Chicago Cubs: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rockies vs. Cubs
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+116) and Over (11.5)
Rockies vs. Cubs Game Info
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Kyle Freeland
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Justin Steele
- Game Day: Thursday, April 14, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Colorado Rockies vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
Rockies Starter Kyle Freeland
- Freeland (0-1) makes the start for the Rockies, his second of the season.
- His most recent appearance was on Friday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when the lefty tossed 3 2/3 innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing five hits.
- In one appearances this season, he has a 12.27 ERA and 14.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .294 against him.
Cubs Starter Justin Steele
- The Cubs’ Steele will make his second start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw 5 2/3 scoreless innings while allowing four hits against the Milwaukee Brewers.
- He has pitched to a .00 ERA this season with 9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.8 walks per nine across one games.
- The 26-year-old ranks first in ERA (.00), 26th in WHIP (1.000), and 25th in K/9 (9) among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the Rockies were favored 43 times and won 30, or 69.8%, of those games.
- Colorado was 16-6 last season when entering a game favored by -137 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 57.8% chance of a victory for the Rockies.
- Colorado and its opponents hit the over in 65 of their 159 games with a total last season.
- The Rockies were 63-53-0 ATS in their 116 games with a spread last season.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs were chosen as underdogs in 94 games last year and walked away with the win 31 times (33%) in those games.
- Last season, Chicago came away with a win 21 times in 67 chances when named as an underdog of +116 or longer on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cubs have a 46.3% chance of pulling out a win.
- Chicago’s games went over the total in 74 of its 155 opportunities.
- The Cubs went 58-55-0 against the spread in their 113 games with a line set by sportsbooks last season.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron put up a batting average of .281, with 28 home runs and 92 runs batted in last season.
- Kris Bryant had 32 doubles, two triples, 25 home runs and 62 walks while hitting .265.
- Charlie Blackmon hit .270 last season with 25 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 54 walks.
- Ryan McMahon had 32 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 59 walks while hitting .254.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ian Happ collected 66 runs batted in a season ago.
- Jonathan Villar hit .249 a season ago with 113 hits.
- Willson Contreras hit .237 a season ago with 20 doubles, 21 home runs and 52 walks.
- Frank Schwindel had 20 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 16 walks while batting .326.
Betting Tips for Rockies vs. Cubs
We have the Cubs on the moneyline at +116 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 11.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price