The Cleveland Guardians (4-4), led by Jose Ramirez on a two-game home run streak, are -138 favorites on the moneyline to defeat Luis Robert (homers in two straight contests) and the Chicago White Sox (6-3). First pitch is at 2:10 PM ET on Wednesday, live from Progressive Field and airing on BSGL. Cleveland’s Shane Bieber gets the start, and he’ll go against Chicago’s Dallas Keuchel.
Table of Contents
Cleveland Guardians vs. Chicago White Sox: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Guardians vs. White Sox
Our computer pick: Chicago White Sox (+119) and Over (8)
Guardians vs. White Sox Game Info
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Shane Bieber
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Dallas Keuchel
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSGL
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Cleveland Guardians vs Chicago White Sox Pitching Matchup
Guardians Starter Shane Bieber
- The Guardians are sending Bieber (0-0) out for his third start of the season.
- His last appearance came on Tuesday, April 12 against the Cincinnati Reds, when the right-hander tossed 5 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up two hits.
- In his two games this season, opposing hitters have a collective batting average of only .147 against him. He has a 3.60 ERA and averages 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The opposing White Sox offense has a collective .224 batting average, and is 26th in the league with 66 total hits and 21st in MLB play with 38 runs scored. It has the 12th-ranked slugging percentage (.381) and ranks 11th in home runs (10) in all of MLB.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 26-year-old’s 3.60 ERA ranks 30th, .700 WHIP ranks fifth, and 8.1 K/9 ranks 30th.
White Sox Starter Dallas Keuchel
- Keuchel will get the start for the White Sox, his second of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he threw five innings against the Seattle Mariners, giving up three earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 5.40, a strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.200 in one games this season.
- The Guardians have scored 48 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB. They are batting .281 for the campaign with nine home runs, 16th in the league.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have entered the game as favorites three times this season and won once.
- Cleveland has not entered a game this season as a bigger favorite on the moneyline than the -138 odds on them winning this game.
- The Guardians have a 58% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Cleveland’s games have gone over the total in four of their eight chances.
- The Guardians are 5-3-0 against the spread this season.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox were defeated in the one game they played as the underdog this season.
- Oddsmakers have given Chicago the worst odds of winning they have seen this season with a +119 moneyline listed for this contest.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the White Sox have a 45.7% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Chicago have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in four of nine chances this season.
- The White Sox have posted a record of 3-6-0 against the spread this season.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Guardians best power option comes in the form of Ramirez and his three-home-run 15-RBI season, both team highs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Ramirez’s home run total places him eighth, and his RBI tally ranks him first.
- Ramirez has collected a hit in six straight games. During his last eight games he is batting .484 with four doubles, a triple, three home runs, three walks and 15 RBI.
- Owen Miller’s .560 batting average leads his team.
- Miller ranks 26th in homers and 30th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Miller heads into this game looking for his fifth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is batting .579 with six doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Steven Kwan has two doubles, a triple and eight walks while batting .385.
- Myles Straw is hitting .333 with two doubles, a triple and seven walks.
- Straw is riding a four-game hitting streak into this one. In his last five games he is batting .400 with two doubles, a triple, five walks and an RBI.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Robert has launched a team-best two home runs.
- Among all batters in the majors, Robert’s home run total is 26th and his RBI tally ranks 142nd.
- Robert carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .050 with a home run and an RBI.
- Tim Anderson’s .393 batting average leads his team.
- Anderson ranks 76th among all hitters in the majors in homers, and 97th in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has two home runs, best in the lineup.
- Jose Abreu has two doubles, a home run and four walks while batting .212.
Betting Tips for Guardians vs. White Sox
We have the White Sox on the moneyline at +119 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price