Shane Bieber starts for Cleveland while Dallas Keuchel is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Cleveland Guardians vs. Chicago White Sox: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Guardians vs. White Sox
Our computer pick: Chicago White Sox (-110) and Over (8.5)
Guardians vs. White Sox Game Info
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Shane Bieber
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Dallas Keuchel
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Cleveland Guardians vs Chicago White Sox Pitching Matchup
Guardians Starter Shane Bieber
- Bieber (0-0) gets the starting nod for the Guardians, his third of the season.
- In his last time out on Tuesday, the right-hander tossed 5 1/3 innings against the Cincinnati Reds, allowing three earned runs while surrendering two hits.
- In two appearances this season, he has a 3.60 ERA and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .147 against him.
- He will take the hill against a White Sox offense that ranks 19th in MLB with 66 total hits (on a .224 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .381 (16th in MLB) with 10 total home runs (seventh in MLB).
- The 26-year-old ranks 41st in ERA (3.60), eighth in WHIP (.700), and 40th in K/9 (8.1) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
White Sox Starter Dallas Keuchel
- The White Sox will send Keuchel to the mound for his second start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw five innings, giving up three earned runs while allowing six hits against the Seattle Mariners.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of 5.40, a strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.200.
- The Guardians rank second in MLB with 48 runs scored this season. They have a .281 batting average this campaign with nine home runs (13th in the league).
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Guardians have won one out of the three games in which they’ve been favored.
- Cleveland has a record of 1-2 when favored by -110 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 52.4% chance of a victory for the Guardians.
- Cleveland’s games have gone over the total in four of their eight chances.
- The Guardians are 5-3-0 against the spread this season.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox won in 13, or 36.1%, of the 36 contests they were named as odds-on underdogs in last year.
- Last year, Chicago won 14 of 38 games when listed as at least -110 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the White Sox have a 52.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Chicago and its opponents went over the total last season in 73 of their 165 opportunities.
- The White Sox went 59-62-0 against the spread in their 121 games with a line set by sportsbooks last season.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez had 36 home runs and 103 runs batted in last season.
- Myles Straw had 29 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 67 walks while batting .271.
- Amed Rosario had a batting average of .282 with 155 total hits last season.
- Franmil Reyes hit .254 with 18 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 43 walks.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Luis Robert leads the White Sox with two long balls.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Robert is 20th in homers and 120th in RBI.
- Robert has collected a hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .050 with a home run and an RBI.
- Tim Anderson’s .393 batting average leads his team.
- Anderson is currently 62nd in home runs and 81st in RBI in the major leagues.
- Andrew Vaughn has two home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Jose Abreu is hitting .212 with two doubles, a home run and four walks.
Betting Tips for Guardians vs. White Sox
We have the White Sox on the moneyline at -110 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price