The Chicago White Sox (6-3) will look to Luis Robert, who has blasted homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the Cleveland Guardians (4-4) Monday at Progressive Field. The Guardians and Jose Ramirez (who has a two-game home run streak of his own) are -117 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 6:10 PM ET. Triston McKenzie takes the mound for Cleveland while Dallas Keuchel is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Cleveland Guardians vs. Chicago White Sox: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Guardians vs. White Sox
Our computer pick: Chicago White Sox (-102) and Over (8)
Guardians vs. White Sox Game Info
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Triston McKenzie
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Dallas Keuchel
- Game Day: Monday, April 18, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Cleveland Guardians vs Chicago White Sox Pitching Matchup
Guardians Starter Triston McKenzie
- McKenzie (0-1) gets the start for the Guardians, his second of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday, the righty threw four scoreless innings against the Cincinnati Reds while surrendering three hits.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of just .217 against him this season. He has a 2.57 ERA and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings over his two games.
- The opposing White Sox offense has the 15th-ranked slugging percentage (.381) and ranks sixth in MLB play with 10 home runs. It has a collective .224 batting average, and is 18th in MLB with 66 total hits and 16th in MLB play scoring 38 runs.
White Sox Starter Dallas Keuchel
- The White Sox’s Keuchel will make his second start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the Seattle Mariners, throwing five innings and giving up three earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 5.40, a batting average against of .286 and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings in one games this season.
- The Guardians have scored 48 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They are batting .281 for the campaign with nine home runs, 11th in the league.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the Guardians won 39 out of the 65 games, or 60%, in which they were favored.
- Last season, Cleveland won 38 of its 60 games, or 63.3%, when favored by at least -117 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Guardians, based on the moneyline, is 53.9%.
- Cleveland and its opponents went over the total last season in 82 of their 157 opportunities.
- The Guardians were 58-53-0 against the spread last season.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox came away with 13 wins in the 36 contests they were listed as the underdogs in last season.
- Last season, Chicago was victorious nine times in 29 chances when named as an underdog of -102 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the White Sox have a 50.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Chicago’s games went over the total in 73 of its 165 opportunities.
- The White Sox posted a record of 59-62-0 against the spread last season.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ramirez is the Guardians best power hitter, crushing three round-trippers this season in addition to delivering 15 RBI, both team highs.
- Among all MLB hitters, Ramirez is second in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage, and third in slugging.
- Ramirez carries a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last eight games he is batting .484 with four doubles, a triple, three home runs, three walks and 15 RBI.
- Owen Miller is batting .560 to pace his team.
- Miller ranks 20th in home runs and 18th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Miller has four games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .579 with six doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Steven Kwan has two doubles, a triple and eight walks while hitting .385.
- Myles Straw has two doubles, a triple and seven walks while batting .333.
- Straw brings a four-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with two doubles, a triple, five walks and an RBI.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Abreu racked up 30 home runs and had 117 runs batted in last season.
- Tim Anderson hit .309 a season ago with 163 hits.
- Josh Harrison hit .279 last season with 33 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 31 walks.
- Yasmani Grandal had nine doubles, 23 home runs and 87 walks while batting .240.
Betting Tips for Guardians vs. White Sox
After taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the White Sox on the moneyline at -102. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price