The Cleveland Guardians (3-2) seek to complete a series sweep as they take a 1-0 lead into the finale versus the Cincinnati Reds (2-3) at 12:35 PM ET on Wednesday from Great American Ball Park. The Reds are favored (-130) by sportsbooks to prevent the sweep and pick up their first win of the series. Nick Lodolo will get the ball for Cincinnati while Cleveland counter with Triston McKenzie.
Table of Contents
Cincinnati Reds vs. Cleveland Guardians: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Reds vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+109) and Over (9.5)
Reds vs. Guardians Game Info
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Nick Lodolo
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Triston McKenzie
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 13, 2022
- Game Time: 12:35 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
Cincinnati Reds vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
Reds Starter Nick Lodolo
- Lodolo starts for the first time this season for the Reds.
- The left-hander is pitching in his MLB debut at 24 years old.
Guardians Starter Triston McKenzie
- The Guardians will send out McKenzie for his first start of the season.
- The 24-year-old righty will start for the first time this campaign after coming out of the bullpen once.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of 6.00, a batting average against of .222 and 3.0 strikeouts per nine innings.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the Reds won 57 out of the 100 games, or 57%, in which they were favored.
- Cincinnati was 42-26 last season when entering a game favored by -130 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Reds, based on the moneyline, is 56.5%.
- Cincinnati and its opponents went over the total last season in 81 of their 160 opportunities.
- The Reds were 54-63-0 ATS in their 117 games with a spread last season.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians were chosen as underdogs in 91 games last year and walked away with the win 38 times (41.8%) in those games.
- Cleveland had a mark of 25-38 in contests where oddsmakers set them as +109 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Guardians have an implied victory probability of 47.8% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Cleveland went over the total set by oddsmakers in 82 of 157 chances last season.
- In 111 games with a line last season, the Guardians had a mark of 58-53-0 against the spread.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Joey Votto had 36 home runs and 99 runs batted in last season.
- Jonathan India hit .269 a season ago with 143 hits.
- Tommy Pham hit .229 last season with 24 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 78 walks.
- Tyler Naquin hit .270 with 24 doubles, two triples, 19 home runs and 35 walks.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez had 36 home runs and 103 runs batted in last season.
- Myles Straw had 29 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 67 walks while batting .271.
- Amed Rosario had a batting average of .282 with 155 total hits last season.
- Franmil Reyes had 18 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 43 walks while hitting .254.
Betting Tips for Reds vs. Guardians
Our best bet is the Guardians on the moneyline at +109 after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price