The Chicago White Sox (6-2), led by Luis Robert on a two-game home run streak, are -115 favorites on the moneyline to defeat Ji-Man Choi (homers in two straight contests) and the Tampa Bay Rays (4-4). First pitch is at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday, live from Guaranteed Rate Field. Vince Velasquez will get the ball for Chicago while Tampa Bay counter with J.P. Feyereisen.
Table of Contents
Chicago White Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Rays
Our computer pick: Tampa Bay Rays (-105) and Under (9)
White Sox vs. Rays Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Vince Velasquez
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: J.P. Feyereisen
- Game Day: Sunday, April 17, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Chicago White Sox vs Tampa Bay Rays Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Vince Velasquez
- The White Sox are sending Velasquez (0-0) out for his second start of the season.
- The righty last pitched on Tuesday against the Seattle Mariners, when he went four innings, allowing one earned run while giving up two hits.
- In one games this season, he has a 2.25 ERA and 4.5 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .143 against him.
- He meets a Rays offense that ranks 12th in the league with 33 runs while batting .245 as a unit. It has a collective .392 slugging percentage (14th in MLB play) and has hit a total of seven home runs (14th in MLB).
Rays Starter J.P. Feyereisen
- Feyereisen has been named the starter for the Rays and will make his first start this season.
- The 29-year-old righty has pitched out of the bullpen already this year, but will make his first start.
- He has pitched to a .00 ERA this season with 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 0.0 walks per nine across three games.
- The White Sox are batting .238 this season, 12th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .400 (12th in the league) with nine home runs.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the White Sox won 80 out of the 128 games, or 62.5%, in which they were favored.
- Chicago was 76-46 last season when entering a game favored by -115 or more on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 53.5% chance of a victory for the White Sox.
- Chicago and its opponents went over the total last season in 73 of their 165 opportunities.
- The White Sox were 59-62-0 ATS in their 121 games with a spread last season.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have were defeated in both of the contests they have played as underdogs this season.
- Tampa Bay has been listed as an underdog of -105 or more on two occasions this season and lost both games.
- The Rays have an implied victory probability of 51.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Tampa Bay and their opponents have hit the over in two of their eight games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In eight games with a line this season, the Rays have a mark of 4-4-0 against the spread.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Robert leads the White Sox with two home runs.
- In all of MLB, Robert ranks 14th in home runs and 94th in RBI.
- Robert has collected a hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .105 with two home runs, a walk and two RBI.
- Tim Anderson is batting .440 to pace his team.
- Anderson ranks 54th in homers and 63rd in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Andrew Vaughn has hit a team-best two home runs.
- Vaughn will look to build on his four-game hitting in this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .353 with a double, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Jose Abreu is batting .200 with two doubles, a home run and three walks.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Brandon Lowe racked up 39 home runs and had 99 runs batted in last season.
- Randy Arozarena had a .274 batting average with 145 hits.
- Yandy Diaz hit .256 a season ago with 20 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 69 walks.
- Manuel Margot had 18 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 37 walks while batting .254.
Betting Tips for White Sox vs. Rays
After analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Rays on the moneyline at -105. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price