The Chicago White Sox (2-1) are set to take on the Seattle Mariners (2-1) Tuesday at 4:10 PM ET. The White Sox are listed as -131 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Mariners have +111 odds for the contest. Vince Velasquez will get the ball for Chicago while Seattle counter with Matt Brash.
Table of Contents
Chicago White Sox vs. Seattle Mariners: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+111) and Over (9)
White Sox vs. Mariners Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Vince Velasquez
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Matt Brash
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 12, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Chicago White Sox vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Vince Velasquez
- Velasquez takes the mound for his first start of the season for the White Sox.
- The 29-year-old righty started and threw 4 2/3 innings when he last appeared on Friday, Oct. 1 against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- In his 25 appearances last season he finished with a 3-9 record and had a 6.30 ERA and a 1.484 WHIP.
Mariners Starter Matt Brash
- The Mariners will send out Brash for his first start of the season.
- This will be the first MLB start for the 23-year-old right-hander.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the White Sox won 80 out of the 128 games, or 62.5%, in which they were favored.
- Chicago had a record of 65-37 in games where bookmakers favored them by at least -131 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 56.7% chance of a victory for the White Sox.
- Chicago and its opponents hit the over in 73 of their 165 games with a total last season.
- The White Sox were 59-62-0 against the spread in their 121 chances last season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners were victorious in 62, or 55.4%, of the 112 contests they were chosen as underdogs in last season.
- Seattle had a win-loss record of 46-40 when favored by +111 or worse by sportsbooks last year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mariners have a 47.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Seattle and its opponents went over the total last season in 81 of their 160 opportunities.
- The Mariners had an against the spread mark of 65-52-0 in 117 games with a line last season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Abreu had 30 home runs and 117 runs batted in last season.
- Tim Anderson hit .309 a season ago with 163 hits.
- A.J. Pollock hit .297 last season with 27 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 30 walks.
- Josh Harrison hit .279 with 33 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 31 walks.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mitch Haniger hit 39 home runs and had 100 runs batted in last season.
- Jesse Winker hit .305 with 32 doubles, a triple, 24 home runs and 53 walks.
- Adam Frazier had a batting average of .305 with 176 total hits last season.
- Ty France had 32 doubles, a triple, 18 home runs and 46 walks while hitting .291.
Betting Tips for White Sox vs. Mariners
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +111. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price