The Chicago White Sox look to start their season with a win as road favorites (-135) in a season-opening matchup with the Detroit Tigers. First pitch is on Friday at 1:10 PM ET, live from Comerica Park. Lucas Giolito will get the ball for Chicago while Detroit counter with Eduardo Rodriguez.
Table of Contents
Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+115)
White Sox vs. Tigers Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Lucas Giolito
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Eduardo Rodríguez
- Game Day: Friday, April 8, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Chicago White Sox vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Lucas Giolito
- Giolito makes his first start of the season for the White Sox.
- The 27-year-old right-hander started and threw 4 1/3 innings when he last appeared Friday, Oct. 8 against the Houston Astros.
- Last season he finished with a 3.53 ERA and a 1.103 WHIP over his 31 games, putting together an 11-9 record.
- Last season he ranked 21st in ERA (3.53), 18th in WHIP (1.103), and 14th in K/9 (10.1) among qualified pitchers in MLB.
Tigers Starter Eduardo Rodríguez
- Rodriguez has been named the starter for the Tigers and will make his first start this season.
- The 29-year-old southpaw hasn’t pitched since last season. He last appeared on Tuesday, Oct. 19 against the Houston Astros, when he pitched 6 2/3 innings as the starter.
- Last season, he posted a 4.74 ERA with 185 strikeouts and 47 walks in 157 2/3 innings, finishing with a record of 13-8.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox won 80, or 62.5%, of the 128 games they played as favorites last season.
- Last season, Chicago won 64 of its 100 games, or 64%, when favored by at least -135 on the moneyline.
- The White Sox have a 57.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Chicago and its opponents hit the over in 73 of their 165 games with a total last season.
- The White Sox were 59-62-0 ATS in their 121 games with a spread last season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers were chosen as underdogs in 138 games last year and walked away with the win 64 times (46.4%) in those games.
- Detroit had a mark of 52-59 in contests where oddsmakers set them as +115 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Tigers have an implied victory probability of 46.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Detroit and its opponents went over the total last season in 66 of their 160 opportunities.
- The Tigers had an against the spread record of 70-48-0 in 118 games with a line last season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Abreu had 30 home runs and 117 runs batted in last season.
- Tim Anderson had a .309 batting average with 163 hits.
- A.J. Pollock hit .297 a season ago with 27 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 30 walks.
- Josh Harrison had 33 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 31 walks while batting .279.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Meadows collected 106 runs batted in a season ago.
- Robbie Grossman had 23 doubles, three triples, 23 home runs and 98 walks while batting .239.
- Jonathan Schoop racked up 173 hits with a batting average of .278 last season.
- Jeimer Candelario hit .271 with 42 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 65 walks.
Betting Tips for White Sox vs. Tigers
Our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +115 after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price