Entering Tuesday’s matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals (12-9), the Kansas City Royals (7-14) are on a four-game losing streak. The contest starts at 8:10 PM ET with the Cardinals listed as -125 favorites, while the are +105 underdogs who may be heading for a fifth straight defeat. St. Louis’ Dakota Hudson gets the start, and he’ll go against Kansas City’s Brad Keller.
Table of Contents
Cardinals vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cardinals vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+105) and Over (7.5)
Cardinals vs. Royals Game Info
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Dakota Hudson
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Brad Keller
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
St. Louis Cardinals vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Cardinals Starter Dakota Hudson
- Hudson makes the start for the Cardinals, his fifth of the season. He is 2-1 with a 2.75 ERA and 14 strikeouts through 19 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last time out came on Thursday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when he threw six scoreless innings while giving up only one hit.
- In four games this season, the 27-year-old has a 2.75 ERA and 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .169 to opposing batters.
- Hudson is looking for his third straight quality start.
- Hudson will look to go five or more innings for his third straight start. He’s averaging 4.3 innings per outing.
- He will face a Royals offense that ranks 28th in MLB with 147 total hits (on a .213 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .314 (28th in MLB) with 12 total home runs (26th in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Royals this season, Hudson has pitched four innings, giving up three earned runs on five hits while striking out four.
Royals Starter Brad Keller
- The Royals’ Keller (0-2) will make his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw seven innings against the Chicago White Sox, giving up one earned run while allowing three hits.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in four games this season with an ERA of 2.19, 6.2 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .165.
- He has three quality starts in four chances this season.
- In four starts, Keller has pitched through or past the fifth inning three times. He has a season average of 6.1 frames per outing.
- The Cardinals have scored 80 runs this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB. They have 155 hits, 25th in baseball, with 17 home runs (22nd in the league).
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 26-year-old’s 2.19 ERA ranks 17th, .770 WHIP ranks sixth, and 6.2 K/9 ranks 48th.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Cardinals have won eight out of the 12 games, or 66.7%, in which they’ve been favored.
- St. Louis has a record of 7-4 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -125 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 55.6% chance of a victory for the Cardinals.
- St. Louis and its opponents have gone over the total this season in nine of their 21 opportunities.
- The Cardinals have an ATS record of 11-10-0 in 21 games with a spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have been underdogs in 16 games this season and have come away with the win five times (31.2%) in those contests.
- This year, Kansas City has won four of 14 games when listed as at least +105 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Royals have a 48.8% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Kansas City have gone over the total set by bookmakers in eight of 21 chances this season.
- The Royals are 10-11-0 against the spread in their 21 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nolan Arenado’s six round-trippers and 15 RBI both lead the Cardinals, in addition to his team-high .333 average.
- Arenado is sixth in home runs and 11th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .284 with a double, a triple, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Edman is 51st in home runs and 72nd in RBI on the year.
- Paul Goldschmidt is batting .289 with four doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
- Harrison Bader has three doubles, a home run and seven walks while hitting .221.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Andrew Benintendi paces the Royals with 10 runs batted in while accumulating a team-best batting average of .365.
- In all of MLB, Benintendi is 155th in homers and 72nd in RBI.
- Benintendi has collected a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .313 with two doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Carlos Santana has three doubles, a home run and 14 walks while batting .159.
- Santana ranks 155th in homers and 167th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Salvador Perez has five home runs, best in the lineup.
- Michael A. Taylor is batting .196 with two home runs and 10 walks.
|Michael A. Taylor||19||.196||.313||.304||2||6||11|
Betting Tips for Cardinals vs. Royals
After digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Royals on the moneyline at +105. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price