Tommy Edman will look to extend his 10-game hitting streak when the St. Louis Cardinals (8-4) take on the Cincinnati Reds (2-12). The Cardinals are listed as -112 favorites on the moneyline for the contest, which starts at 4:10 PM ET on Saturday, live from Great American Ball Park. Dakota Hudson will get the ball for St. Louis while Cincinnati counter with Tyler Mahle.
Table of Contents
Cardinals vs. Reds Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cardinals vs. Reds
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (-106) and Over (8.5)
Cardinals vs. Reds Game Info
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Dakota Hudson
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Tyler Mahle
- Game Day: Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
St. Louis Cardinals vs Cincinnati Reds Pitching Matchup
Cardinals Starter Dakota Hudson
- The Cardinals will look to Hudson (0-1) in his third start this season.
- In his most recent time out on Sunday, the right-hander tossed three innings against the Milwaukee Brewers, giving up three earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- Opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of .286 against him this season. He has a 7.71 ERA and 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings over his two appearances.
- He will face a Reds offense that ranks 25th in the league with 39 runs while batting .184 as a unit. It has a collective .278 slugging percentage (30th in MLB play) and has hit a total of nine home runs (21st in MLB).
Reds Starter Tyler Mahle
- The Reds will hand the ball to Mahle (1-1) for his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up seven earned runs and allowed seven hits in 3 2/3 innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 5.68 ERA this season with 11.4 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 4.3 walks per nine across three games.
- In three starts, Mahle has pitched through or past the fifth inning one time. He has a season average of 4.1 frames per outing.
- The Cardinals rank 11th in MLB with a .239 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 11th in the league (.389) and 13 home runs.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have entered the game as favorites six times this season and won five of those games.
- St. Louis has a record of 5-1 when favored by -112 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 52.8% chance of a victory for the Cardinals.
- St. Louis’ games have gone over the total in five of their 12 chances.
- The Cardinals are 8-4-0 ATS in their 12 games with a spread this season.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have come away with two wins in the 12 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Cincinnati has a mark of 2-10 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by -106 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Reds have an implied victory probability of 51.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have hit the over in seven of their 14 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Reds have an against the spread record of 4-10-0 in 14 games with a line this season.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nolan Arenado leads the Cardinals in home runs (five), runs batted in (14) and has a team-high batting average of .413.
- Arenado’s home runs rank him second in the majors, and he ranks third in RBI.
- Edman has a double, a triple, three home runs and five walks while hitting .341.
- Edman ranks 13th in homers and 41st in RBI on the season.
- Edman enters this game looking for his 11th game in a row with a hit. During his last 10 games he is batting .353 with a double, a triple, two home runs, four walks and six RBI.
- Tyler O’Neill is hitting .205 with a double, a home run and six walks.
- Paul Goldschmidt is batting .196 with two doubles and seven walks.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Reds are lead in runs batted in by Kyle Farmer with a mark of seven, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .260.
- Among all batters in MLB, Farmer is 197th in home runs and 41st in RBI.
- Brandon Drury’s two home runs are a team-high total.
- Among all major league batters, Drury is 36th in homers and 81st in RBI.
- Tommy Pham has two home runs, best in the lineup.
- Jake Fraley is batting .129 with a double, a home run and four walks.
Betting Tips for Cardinals vs. Reds
We have the Reds on the moneyline at -106 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price