The St. Louis Cardinals (15-12) host the Baltimore Orioles (12-16) on Wednesday to start a three-game series, with the first pitch at 7:45 PM ET from Busch Stadium. The Cardinals are listed as -218 favorites, while the underdog Orioles have +180 odds on the moneyline. St. Louis’ Miles Mikolas and Baltimore’s Spenser Watkins have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Cardinals vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cardinals vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+180) and Over (8)
Cardinals vs. Orioles Game Info
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Miles Mikolas
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Spenser Watkins
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
St. Louis Cardinals vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Cardinals Starter Miles Mikolas
- Mikolas gets the start for the Cardinals, his seventh of the season. He is 2-1 with a 1.53 ERA and 28 strikeouts in 35 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent appearance was on Friday against the San Francisco Giants, when he threw 5 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing seven hits.
- In six games this season, the 33-year-old has an ERA of 1.53, with 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .214 against him.
- Mikolas heads into this game with three quality starts under his belt this season.
- Mikolas is looking for his sixth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.3 frames per appearance on the hill.
- The opposing Orioles offense has the 24th-ranked slugging percentage (.344) and is 28th in MLB play with 16 home runs. It has a collective .235 batting average, and is 19th in MLB with 219 total hits and 28th in MLB action scoring 94 runs.
- The 33-year-old ranks sixth in ERA (1.53), 21st in WHIP (.991), and 50th in K/9 (7.1) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Orioles Starter Spenser Watkins
- The Orioles will send Watkins (0-0) to the mound for his sixth start this season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed seven hits in 4 2/3 innings pitched against the Minnesota Twins on Thursday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 3.22 and 4.0 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .247.
- None of Watkins’ five starts this season have met the criteria for a quality start.
- Watkins has two starts of five or more innings this season in five chances. He averages 4.1 innings per outing.
- The Cardinals have scored 111 runs this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB. They are batting .231 for the campaign with 23 home runs, 22nd in the league.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have entered the game as favorites 14 times this season and won nine, or 64.3%, of those games.
- St. Louis has played as a favorite of -218 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The Cardinals have a 68.6% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving St. Louis have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 13 of 27 chances this season.
- The Cardinals are 15-12-0 against the spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have come away with 10 wins in the 26 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, Baltimore has won one of four games when listed as at least +180 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 35.7% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Baltimore’s games have gone over the total in eight of their 29 opportunities.
- The Orioles have posted a record of 18-11-0 against the spread this season.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Not only does Nolan Arenado lead the Cardinals in hitting with his .310 average, he also is their premier power option with seven home runs and 21 RBI.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Arenado’s home run total ranks him seventh, and his RBI tally ranks him 10th.
- Tommy Edman is batting .275 with two doubles, two triples, three home runs and 14 walks.
- Edman ranks 75th in home runs and 76th in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Paul Goldschmidt is hitting .278 with seven doubles, two home runs and 16 walks.
- Goldschmidt will look to build on his two-game hitting in this game. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with three doubles and six walks.
- Harrison Bader is hitting .231 with three doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Hays paces the Orioles with a .327 batting average.
- Hays ranks 123rd in home runs and 149th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Hays brings a hitting streak of six games into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .417 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Cedric Mullins has a team-high four home runs.
- Among all major league hitters, Mullins is 48th in homers and 91st in RBI.
- Ryan Mountcastle has been solid source of run production for the Orioles with four long balls and 16 runs batted in.
- Anthony Santander is hitting .230 with two doubles, two home runs and 18 walks.
Betting Tips for Cardinals vs. Orioles
After digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +180. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price