The San Francisco Giants (14-11) will try to end their four-game losing streak when they host the St. Louis Cardinals (14-10) on Friday at 10:15 PM ET. Sportsbooks consider the Cardinals to be -110 favorites for the contest, while the Giants are -107 underdogs looking for the upset. St. Louis’ Jordan Hicks gets the start, and he’ll go against San Francisco’s Alex Cobb.
Table of Contents
Cardinals vs. Giants Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cardinals vs. Giants
Our computer pick: San Francisco Giants (-107) and Over (7)
Cardinals vs. Giants Game Info
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Jordan Hicks
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Alex Cobb
- Game Day: Friday, May 6, 2022
- Game Time: 10:15 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
St. Louis Cardinals vs San Francisco Giants Pitching Matchup
Cardinals Starter Jordan Hicks
- Hicks (1-2) takes the mound for the Cardinals in his fourth start of the season. He has a 3.65 ERA in 12 1/3 innings pitched, with 13 strikeouts.
- His most recent appearance came on Sunday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when the righty went 3 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing two hits.
- In five games this season, the 25-year-old has amassed a 3.65 ERA and 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .171 to his opponents.
- The opposing Giants offense has the 18th-ranked slugging percentage (.367) and is 12th in MLB play with 25 home runs. It has a collective .236 batting average, and is 12th in MLB with 196 total hits and 11th in MLB action scoring 112 runs.
Giants Starter Alex Cobb
- The Giants will send Cobb (1-1) to the mound for his fourth start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed four hits in two-thirds of an inning against the Washington Nationals.
- The 34-year-old has pitched to a 5.40 ERA this season with 12.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 4.5 walks per nine across three games.
- Cobb has started three games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings one time. He averages 3.1 innings per appearance.
- The Cardinals rank 21st in MLB with 98 runs scored this season. They have a .229 batting average this campaign with 20 home runs (21st in the league).
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Cardinals have been favored 14 times and won nine, or 64.3%, of those games.
- St. Louis has a record of 9-5, a 64.3% win rate, when favored by -110 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The Cardinals have a 52.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, St. Louis and its opponents have hit the over in 12 of their 24 games with a total.
- The Cardinals have an ATS record of 13-11-0 in 24 games with a spread this season.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have come away with two wins in the eight contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, San Francisco has won one of seven games when listed as at least -107 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Giants have a 51.7% chance of walking away with the win.
- San Francisco’s games have gone over the total in 12 of their 26 opportunities.
- The Giants have posted a record of 12-13-0 against the spread this season.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nolan Arenado leads the Cardinals with seven home runs and 20 runs batted in, while racking up a team-best batting average of .326.
- Arenado’s home runs put him sixth in the majors, and he is seventh in RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .308 with two doubles, a triple, three home runs and 13 walks.
- Edman ranks 62nd in home runs in MLB, and 50th in RBI.
- Paul Goldschmidt has four doubles, two home runs and 13 walks while hitting .267.
- Tyler O’Neill is hitting .212 with four doubles, a triple, two home runs and nine walks.
- O’Neill brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, a walk and seven RBI.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores leads the Giants with a .279 batting average.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Flores’ home run total ranks 102nd and his RBI tally is 50th.
- Flores carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .235 with four walks and an RBI.
- Thairo Estrada has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with 14 RBI.
- Estrada is 102nd overall in home runs and 38th in RBI this season.
- Joc Pederson leads the Giants with six long balls.
- Brandon Crawford is batting .221 with four doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
Betting Tips for Cardinals vs. Giants
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Giants on the moneyline at -107. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price