The San Francisco Giants (20-12) roll into Saturday’s matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals (17-15) looking to extend a six-game winning streak. The contest starts at 2:15 PM ET with the Cardinals listed as -112 favorites on the moneyline to stop the Giants’ streak. St. Louis’ Dakota Hudson gets the start, and he’ll go against San Francisco’s Jakob Junis.
Table of Contents
Cardinals vs. Giants Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cardinals vs. Giants
Our computer pick: San Francisco Giants (-106) and Over (8)
Cardinals vs. Giants Game Info
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Dakota Hudson
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Jakob Junis
- Game Day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game Time: 2:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
St. Louis Cardinals vs San Francisco Giants Pitching Matchup
Cardinals Starter Dakota Hudson
- The Cardinals are sending Hudson (2-2) out for his seventh start of the season. He is 2-2 with a 3.56 ERA and 18 strikeouts through 30 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Sunday against the San Francisco Giants, when the righty threw 4 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 3.56, with 5.3 strikeouts per nine innings, in six games this season. Opponents are hitting .231 against him.
- Hudson has three quality starts under his belt this season.
- Hudson has put up three starts this year in which he pitched five or more innings.
- He will face off against a Giants squad that is hitting .246 as a unit (sixth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .381 (12th in MLB) with 33 total home runs (10th in MLB).
- Hudson has thrown 4 2/3 innings, giving up three earned runs on five hits against the Giants this season.
Giants Starter Jakob Junis
- The Giants’ Junis will make his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he threw five innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, giving up two earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 1.20, a batting average against of .192 and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings in three games this season.
- Junis has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Cardinals rank 13th in MLB with 138 runs scored this season. They have a .239 batting average this campaign with 28 home runs (19th in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Cardinals to go 3-for-18 with a double, a home run and two RBI in five innings this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Cardinals have won 10 out of the 17 games, or 58.8%, in which they’ve been favored.
- St. Louis has a record of 10-7 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -112 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 52.8% chance of a victory for the Cardinals.
- St. Louis’ games have gone over the total in 16 of their 32 chances.
- The Cardinals have an ATS record of 17-15-0 in 32 games with a spread this season.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have been underdogs in eight games this season and have come away with the win two times (25%) in those contests.
- This season, San Francisco has been victorious one time in seven chances when named as an underdog of at least -106 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Giants have a 51.5% chance of pulling out a win.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 17 of their 33 opportunities.
- The Giants are 17-15-0 against the spread in their 32 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nolan Arenado is the bat to watch in the Cardinals lineup, leading the team in batting average (.305), home runs (7), and RBI (26).
- Among all hitters in the majors, Arenado is 12th in homers and sixth in RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .277 with three doubles, two triples, three home runs and 15 walks.
- Edman ranks 94th in homers and 54th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Paul Goldschmidt is hitting .299 with eight doubles, three home runs and 17 walks.
- Goldschmidt will look to build on his six-game hitting in this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .306 with four doubles, a home run, eight walks and five RBI.
- Harrison Bader is hitting .233 with four doubles, three home runs and nine walks.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Thairo Estrada has seven doubles, two home runs and five walks while batting .242.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Estrada is 139th in homers and 40th in RBI.
- Wilmer Flores’ 19 runs batted in and .260 batting average are both team-highs.
- Flores is currently 94th in home runs and 31st in RBI in the big leagues.
- Brandon Crawford is batting .222 with five doubles, three home runs and 13 walks.
- Brandon Belt is batting .250 with two doubles, a triple, four home runs and 15 walks.
Betting Tips for Cardinals vs. Giants
We have the Giants on the moneyline at -106 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price