Coming off of a 0-2 series loss to the Mets, the St. Louis Cardinals (9-7) are -175 favorites to pick up the win in Game 1 of a four-game series against the Arizona Diamondbacks (8-11). The series begins at Busch Stadium, starting on Thursday at 7:45 PM ET. Dakota Hudson will get the ball for St. Louis while Arizona counter with Humberto Castellanos.
Table of Contents
Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+150) and Over (7.5)
Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Dakota Hudson
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Humberto Castellanos
- Game Day: Thursday, April 28, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
St. Louis Cardinals vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Cardinals Starter Dakota Hudson
- Hudson (1-1 with a 3.95 ERA and 10 strikeouts in 13 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Cardinals, his fourth of the season.
- His most recent time out was on Saturday against the Cincinnati Reds, when the righty tossed 6 2/3 scoreless innings while giving up two hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 3.95, with 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents are hitting .217 against him.
- The opposing Diamondbacks offense has a collective .178 batting average, and is last in the league with 106 total hits and 25th in MLB play with 57 runs scored. It has the 28th-ranked slugging percentage (.307) and ranks 12th in home runs (17) in all of MLB.
Diamondbacks Starter Humberto Castellanos
- Castellanos will get the start for the Diamondbacks, his third of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw five innings, giving up two earned runs while allowing four hits against the New York Mets.
- He has an ERA of 3.00, a batting average against of .238 and 6.0 strikeouts per nine innings in four games this season.
- Castellanos has made one start of five or more innings in two chances this season, and averages 3.0 frames when he pitches.
- The Cardinals rank 23rd in MLB with 62 runs scored this season. They have a .226 batting average this campaign with 13 home runs (22nd in the league).
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have won five of the seven games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- St. Louis has played as a favorite of -175 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The Cardinals have a 63.6% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- St. Louis and its opponents have gone over the total this season in six of their 16 opportunities.
- In 16 games with a spread this season, the Cardinals are 9-7-0 ATS.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have won in 10, or 47.6%, of the 21 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Arizona has been victorious four times in eight chances when named as an underdog of at least +150 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Diamondbacks have a 40% chance of pulling out a win.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in four of their 21 opportunities.
- In 21 games with a line this season, the Diamondbacks have a mark of 13-8-0 against the spread.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nolan Arenado leads the Cardinals with five home runs and 14 runs batted in, while putting up a team-high batting average of .344.
- In all of MLB, Arenado is fifth in home runs and ninth in RBI.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .283 with a double, a triple, three home runs and eight walks.
- Edman is 31st in homers and 73rd in RBI in the bigs.
- Paul Goldschmidt has four doubles and eight walks while batting .258.
- Goldschmidt will look to build on his five-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is batting .476 with two doubles, a walk and four RBI.
- Tyler O’Neill has two doubles, a home run and seven walks while hitting .200.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Daulton Varsho paces the Diamondbacks in home runs (four) and runs batted in (nine).
- Varsho is 12th in home runs and 55th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Christian Walker’s four home runs are a team-high total.
- Walker is 12th among all batters in MLB in homers, and 105th in RBI.
- Seth Beer has three doubles, a home run and six walks while hitting .306.
- David Peralta is hitting .237 with five doubles, two home runs and five walks.
Betting Tips for Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks
We have the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +150 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price