Following a big two-homer game in a win over the Pirates, Colin Moran leads the Cincinnati Reds (5-23) into action as +151 underdogs against the Milwaukee Brewers (18-10). First pitch from Great American Ball Park at 6:40 PM ET on Monday. Milwaukee’s Brandon Woodruff and Cincinnati’s Luis Castillo have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Reds Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Reds
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (+151) and Over (7.5)
Brewers vs. Reds Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Brandon Woodruff
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Luis Castillo
- Game Day: Monday, May 9, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
Milwaukee Brewers vs Cincinnati Reds Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Brandon Woodruff
- The Brewers will send Woodruff (3-1) to make his sixth start of the season. He is 3-1 with a 5.18 ERA and 31 strikeouts in 24 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was on Tuesday against the Cincinnati Reds, when the right-hander tossed 5 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- In five games this season, the 29-year-old has put up a 5.18 ERA and 11.5 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .231 to opposing batters.
- Woodruff has one quality start this season.
- Woodruff will look to pick up his fourth matchup of five or more innings pitched this season. He’s averaging 4.3 innings per appearance.
- He will match up with a Reds offense that ranks 26th in MLB with 183 total hits (on a .204 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .326 (27th in MLB) with 21 total home runs (21st in MLB).
- Woodruff has a 4.76 ERA and a 0.706 WHIP against the Reds this season in 5 2/3 innings pitched, allowing a .190 batting average over one appearance.
Reds Starter Luis Castillo
- The Reds will send Castillo to the mound for his first start this season.
- The 29-year-old right-hander will make his season debut.
- The Brewers have scored 135 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They have 215 hits, 12th in baseball, with 36 home runs (first in the league).
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers have won 16, or 66.7%, of the 24 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Milwaukee has a record of 8-3 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -175 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 63.6% chance of a victory for the Brewers.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 12 of their 28 opportunities.
- The Brewers have an ATS record of 14-14-0 in 28 games with a spread this season.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have been underdogs in 24 games this season and have come away with the win four times (16.7%) in those contests.
- Cincinnati has a mark of 2-12 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +151 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Reds have a 39.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Cincinnati have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 18 of 28 chances this season.
- In 28 games with a line this season, the Reds have a mark of 8-20-0 against the spread.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Willy Adames has put up a team-high eight home runs.
- Of all hitters in the majors, Adames is third in home runs and fourth in RBI.
- Rowdy Tellez has 23 RBI while hitting .267. Both are team-highs.
- Tellez is sixth in home runs and third in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Christian Yelich is batting .247 with seven doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
- Hunter Renfroe has five doubles, six home runs and six walks while hitting .227.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Brandon Drury has put up a team-leading five home runs and has driven in 15 runs.
- Drury is 26th in home runs and 36th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Drury carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and seven RBI.
- Tommy Pham has a club-high .222 batting average.
- Pham is 40th among all hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 162nd in RBI.
- Tyler Stephenson is batting .283 with two doubles, three home runs and six walks.
- Kyle Farmer is batting .198 with seven doubles and five walks.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Reds
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Reds on the moneyline at +151. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price