Entering Tuesday’s matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers (14-8), the Cincinnati Reds (3-19) are on a six-game losing streak. The contest starts at 7:40 PM ET with the Brewers listed as -210 favorites, while the are +175 underdogs who may be heading for a seventh straight defeat. Brandon Woodruff will get the ball for Milwaukee while Cincinnati counter with Vladimir Gutierrez.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Reds Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Reds
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (+175) and Over (7.5)
Brewers vs. Reds Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Brandon Woodruff
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Vladimir Gutierrez
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Milwaukee Brewers vs Cincinnati Reds Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Brandon Woodruff
- The Brewers will send Woodruff (2-1) to the mound to make his fifth start of the season. He is 2-1 with a 5.30 ERA and 19 strikeouts through 18 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Tuesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when he threw 4 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- In four games this season, the 29-year-old has put up an ERA of 5.30, with 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .243 against him.
- He will take the mound against a Reds offense that ranks 29th in MLB with 140 total hits (on a .201 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .311 (30th in MLB) with 15 total home runs (24th in MLB).
Reds Starter Vladimir Gutierrez
- Gutierrez (0-4) will take to the mound for the Reds and make his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up six earned runs and allowed five hits in 4 2/3 innings against the San Diego Padres.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 7.41 ERA this season with 5.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 7.9 walks per nine across four games.
- The Brewers have scored 91 runs this season, which ranks 16th in MLB. They are batting .223 for the campaign with 24 home runs, seventh in the league.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Brewers have won 12 out of the 19 games, or 63.2%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Milwaukee has entered three games this season favored by -210 or more and is 2-1 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Brewers, based on the moneyline, is 67.7%.
- So far this season, Milwaukee and its opponents have hit the over in seven of their 22 games with a total.
- The Brewers are 10-12-0 ATS in their 22 games with a spread this season.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have been victorious in three, or 15.8%, of the 19 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- The Reds have won all of their five games in which they were named as at least a +175 moneyline underdog.
- The Reds have an implied victory probability of 36.4% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have gone over in 12 of their 22 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 22 games with a line this season, the Reds have a mark of 6-16-0 against the spread.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Willy Adames has put up a team-best five home runs and 14 runs batted in.
- Adames’ home runs rank him 15th in MLB, and he is 21st in RBI.
- Adames has collected a hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .381 with three doubles, three home runs, three walks and nine RBI.
- Rowdy Tellez has four doubles, four home runs and seven walks while batting .242.
- Tellez ranks 23rd in homers and 60th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Christian Yelich is hitting .216 with four doubles, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Hunter Renfroe has put his power on display as he paces his team with five home runs with a team-high .243 batting average.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Brandon Drury has collected a team-high four home runs.
- In all of the majors, Drury is 23rd in homers and 114th in RBI.
- Drury has collected a hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Tommy Pham is batting .211 with four doubles, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Pham ranks 51st overall in homers and 167th in RBI this year.
- Kyle Farmer has the top batting average on the Reds (.241) and paces in runs batted in (10).
- Tyler Naquin has collected a team-leading 10 runs batted in.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Reds
Our best bet is the Reds on the moneyline at +175 after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price