The Milwaukee Brewers (18-10) hope to avoid an upset as -203 favorites when they take on Colin Moran (with homers in two straight contests) and the Cincinnati Reds (5-23). First pitch is at 6:40 PM ET Tuesday, live from Great American Ball Park. Freddy Peralta will get the ball for Milwaukee while Cincinnati counter with Hunter Greene.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Reds Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Reds
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (+172) and Over (8.5)
Brewers vs. Reds Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Freddy Peralta
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Hunter Greene
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
Milwaukee Brewers vs Cincinnati Reds Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Freddy Peralta
- Peralta gets the start for the Brewers, his sixth of the season. He is 1-1 with a 5.09 ERA and 30 strikeouts through 23 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Wednesday against the Cincinnati Reds, when the right-hander went five innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing five hits.
- In five games this season, the 25-year-old has amassed a 5.09 ERA and 11.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .239 to opposing hitters.
- Peralta has collected one quality start this year.
- Peralta is aiming for his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.2 innings per appearance on the mound.
- He meets a Reds offense that ranks 23rd in the league with 100 runs while batting .204 as a unit. It has a collective .326 slugging percentage (27th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 21 home runs (21st in MLB).
- Peralta has a 5.40 ERA and a 1.400 WHIP against the Reds this season in five innings pitched, allowing a .263 batting average over one appearance.
Reds Starter Hunter Greene
- The Reds’ Greene (1-4) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Thursday, when he tossed 2 2/3 innings while giving up eight earned runs on nine hits in a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The 22-year-old has an ERA of 8.71 and 12.6 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .311 in five games this season.
- None of Greene’s five starts this season have met the criteria for a quality start.
- In five starts, Greene has pitched through or past the fifth inning two times. He has a season average of 4.0 frames per outing.
- The Brewers are batting .235 this season, 13th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .410 (second in the league) with 36 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Brewers one time this season, allowing them to go 9-for-17 with three doubles, five home runs and eight RBI in 2 2/3 innings.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers have been favorites in 25 games this season and won 16 (64%) of those contests.
- This season, Milwaukee has won five of its six games when favored by at least -203 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 67% chance of a victory for the Brewers.
- Games involving Milwaukee have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 13 of 29 chances this season.
- The Brewers are 14-15-0 against the spread in their 29 chances this season.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have been underdogs in 25 games this season and have come away with the win five times (20%) in those contests.
- The Reds have won all of their eight games in which they were named as at least a +172 moneyline underdog.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Reds have a 36.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Cincinnati have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 19 of 29 chances this season.
- The Reds are 9-20-0 against the spread in their 29 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Willy Adames’ eight homers in 2022 are the most on the Brewers. He’s also driven in 22 runs while hitting .238.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Adames is third in homers and fifth in RBI.
- Rowdy Tellez has 23 runs batted in while batting .267. Both lead his team.
- Tellez ranks sixth in home runs and fourth in RBI in the majors.
- Christian Yelich is hitting .247 with seven doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
- Hunter Renfroe is hitting .227 with five doubles, six home runs and six walks.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Brandon Drury has posted a team-leading five home runs and has driven in 15 runs.
- Among all batters in MLB, Drury’s home run total is 28th and his RBI tally ranks 37th.
- Drury has collected a hit in six games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .342 with four doubles, three home runs, three walks and 11 RBI.
- Tommy Pham has a club-best .222 batting average.
- Pham ranks 41st in home runs and 163rd in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Tyler Stephenson has two doubles, three home runs and six walks while hitting .283.
- Kyle Farmer is hitting .198 with seven doubles and five walks.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Reds
We have the Reds on the moneyline at +172 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price