The Milwaukee Brewers (11-7) will look to Willy Adames, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates (8-9) Wednesday at 6:35 PM ET. The Brewers are -177 favorites for the contest, according to bookmakers. Milwaukee’s Aaron Ashby and Pittsburgh’s Bryse Wilson have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Pirates Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Pirates
Our computer pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (+153) and Over (7.5)
Brewers vs. Pirates Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Aaron Ashby
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: Bryse Wilson
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Milwaukee Brewers vs Pittsburgh Pirates Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Aaron Ashby
- Ashby (0-2) starts for the Brewers, his second of the season.
- In his most recent appearance — out of the bullpen on Friday — the lefty tossed 2 1/3 innings against the Philadelphia Phillies, allowing three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In four appearances this season, he has a 3.18 ERA and 10.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .267 against him.
- He will take the hill against a Pirates offense that ranks 11th in MLB with 136 total hits (on a .240 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .355 (18th in MLB) with 11 total home runs (24th in MLB).
Pirates Starter Bryse Wilson
- The Pirates will hand the ball to Wilson (0-0) for his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed three hits in three innings pitched against the Chicago Cubs on Thursday.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 6.35, 4.8 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .286 in three games this season.
- The Brewers rank 16th in MLB with 68 runs scored this season. They have a .211 batting average this campaign with 14 home runs (17th in the league).
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers have won nine, or 60%, of the 15 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Milwaukee is 4-2 this season when entering a game favored by -177 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 63.9% chance of a victory for the Brewers.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have gone over the total this season in five of their 18 opportunities.
- The Brewers are 8-10-0 against the spread this season.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates have been victorious in six, or 42.9%, of the 14 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Pittsburgh has a win-loss record of 1-3 when favored by +153 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Pirates have a 39.5% chance of pulling out a win.
- Pittsburgh and their opponents have hit the over in six of their 17 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Pirates have an against the spread mark of 9-8-0 in 17 games with a line this season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Adames’ four round-trippers and 12 RBI both lead the Brewers, in addition to his team-high .239 average.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Adames ranks 10th in homers and 13th in RBI.
- Rowdy Tellez is hitting .231 with three doubles, three home runs and four walks.
- Tellez ranks 28th in home runs and 59th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Tellez has two straight games with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .133 with a walk.
- Christian Yelich is hitting .180 with four doubles, a home run and eight walks.
- Kolten Wong is batting .183 with a double, two triples and two walks.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ke’Bryan Hayes paces the Pirates with a .364 batting average.
- Hayes ranks 238th in homers and 151st in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Daniel Vogelbach has shown his power as he paces his team with three home runs.
- Vogelbach ranks 28th among all hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 118th in RBI.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .229 with two doubles, a home run and eight walks.
- Kevin Newman has driven in the most runs for the Pirates with eight runs batted in.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Pirates
We have the Pirates on the moneyline at +153 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price